Hello! My name is Jora
My name is Zhora, aka Jora. I’m an 9 year old Eclectus parrot. I like to make very cute cartoon type of noises. My vocabulary is a little limited but I do say hello. I have a LOVE for bells, any and all bells, even balls with bells in them. They are so much fun to shake. I do have a plucking behavioral problem but it doesn’t stop me from having an awesome personality! Please be aware that I am noisy and messy, I just like to party hard! My adoption fee is $390 which includes my cage, bowls, toys and a travel cage.
Our adoption application and procedures are located on our website under the adoption & fee info tab. If you have any problems with the application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about Olive Branch Parrot Rescue, Inc.
Rescue Group Info...
Olive Branch Parrot Rescue is a 501(c)3 public charitable non-profit organization. We are a small parrot rescue and pride ourselves in quality over quantity to ensure a lifetime relationship. Having more one-on-one time with the applicants and parrots creates a more successful, long-lasting home for the parrot's well-being.
The specific purposes for our rescue are:
1) The rescue and rehabilitation of abandoned, abused, neglected, and unwanted parrots
2) The placement of rehabilitated parrots into suitable homes, qualified breeding facilities, zoos, or species reintroduction programs
3) The education of the public regarding the behavior and the proper care and training of parrots
Our adoption procedure:
1) Fill out an adoption application and return to the rescue.
2) Have a phone interview, discuss application and address any questions.
3) Meet & greet with a volunteer and your desired parrot at a social setting.
4) Complete four 1 hour sessions with parrot involving in-home and social settings. (This gives the parrot different areas of interaction with the applicant family, allowing the applicants the opportunity to observe the parrot in different situations and determine if this parrot is the right match for them.)
5) Adoption accepted. Sign adoption notification form and obtain adoption package. Parrot will be delivered to his/her new forever home.
6) Follow up visits by a volunteer and phone calls will be made to ensure the parrot’s well being.
Please note all social settings besides the in-home visit with have to be located 35-40 miles away from the rescue.