found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is JoJo - Only $85 adoption fee!!
Facts about JoJo - Only $85 adoption fee!
- Breed: American Pit Bull Terrier Mix
- Color: Tan/Yellow/Fawn - With Black
- Age: Puppy
- Size: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
- Sex: Female
- ID#: A424751
JoJo - Only $85 adoption fee!'s Info...
I am already spayed, in need of an experienced adopter, up to date with shots, good with kids, and good with dogs.
This little sweetheart was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. She has a bold little personality & loves everyone she meets! Like all puppies, she will need a patient person who has time to teach her everything she needs to know as she is only a baby. She is all puppy & is working on her potty training, leash training and basic commands. She is smart & learns quickly, is doing well with the command "sit." She looks much bigger in the picture than she really is at the moment & SO ADORABLE!
Age/Birthday: 2 months
Weight at last Vet visit: 12 lbs (she will grow up to be anywhere from 70 - 90 lbs)
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Dogs: She previously lived with a 4 yr old Boxer, & was friendly with her. That being said, JoJo needs someone who is experienced with training & will continue to socialize her heavily on a consistent regular basis. When first meeting a new dog, she gives a hard stare & growls, & needs someone who knows how to handle that & will correct it. After less than a minute she is wagging her tail & wanting to play. She needs supervision when with other pets & correction when she goes overboard.
Kids: LOVES kids & seems to be drawn to them. She has been around all ages. She does jump up though, & will need someone to continue to correct her when she does that.
Men: She is SUPER social & loves everyone!
Women: She is SUPER social & loves everyone!
Crate Trained: No
House Trained: Partially
Leash Trained: Great on the leash, & loves to go for walks. She will need someone who can take her on walks for at least 30 minutes a day.
Car: I put her in a small crate for our car ride, she did pretty good
Other issues: JoJo is being returned because she is being overly aggressive with the other dogs in the home. As said above, she needs continued socialization & correction. Adopters also said that she gets mouthy when she is overly excited.
If you are adopting a puppy, all puppies chew. This can be easily managed with rawhide bones or chew toys to direct their behavior to something that is acceptable to chew on, using bitter apple spray on the things they are not allowed to chew on, & crating your puppy when you are unable to monitor them.
Adoption fee is only $85 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged