Ruff Ruff! My name is Boots
|Breed:||Boxer/Dutch Shepherd Mix||Color:||Brindle||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)||Sex:||Female|
I am already spayed, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, and not good with cats.
Boots' previous "owner" of two years found her tied to a pole when she was about 5 months old. Two years later, he decided he could no longer keep her and abandoned her to her dog sitter who now is her foster. Boots is extremely smart and alert to commands. She loves to play ball, retrieve, and loves tug-of-war with other dogs (once she gets to know them) although she can be possessive of her toys and bones. If you are an athletic person, Boots is your perfect dog. She loves to run along beside you on foot or bike and is great to hike with. Never shows leash-aggression toward people or other dogs while on walks. She will lay next to you on your sofa or bed, and loves to love you back. Boots is loyal and will stay with you at the dog park once she bonds with you, and alert you at home when a stranger is near. Boots is potty-trained with doggie door. Boots would make a great companion or family dog. She should not to be with an alpha dog but only passive playful ones, or she is also fine as a single dog. Boots loves attention..
If you are interested in meeting Boots, please download the Adoption Questionnaire, fill it out and fax it back to us at (310) 362-0321. You can also meet this and/or other available dogs at our Saturday Adoptions at Centinela Feed.
[Boots is about 2 years old and approximately 45 lbs.]
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
Forte Animal Rescue is an ALL-VOLUNTEER 501(c)(3)nonprofit organization dedicated to finding solutions for the problem of pet overpopulation through its educational activities, adoption efforts and outreach program.
Saturdays: 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Centinela Feed & Pet Supplies
3860 S. Centinela Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90066
(1 mile west of 405 fwy; between Venice Bl. & Washington Bl.)
Note: Certain weekends are exceptions, so please call the store before your visit. Please note that Saturday adoptions are held INSIDE the store in case of rain or inclement weather.
All potential adopters are carefully screened through our adoption process:
- If you're interested in an animal, we'll ask that you fill out a questionnaire, which we will review to ensure you and the dog you are interested in adopting are a good match.
- You will be asked to submit to a "house-check" to determine the level of safety and adequacy of the area for the dog.
- An adoption fee is required and you must sign the adoption contract agreement, which ensures that if, for any reason, you are unable to keep the dog, he/she to be returned to Forte Animal Rescue only.
- Finally, we personally deliver your new family member to your home.
- Any additional donation would be greatly appreciated, and this portion will be tax-deductible. The donation goes to pay for all of the other animals in our care, many of which come to us with injuries or medical conditions that require treatment. Forte Animal Rescue survives solely on donations and it is for this reason that the adoption fee is nonnegotiable.
- Forte Animal Rescue reserves the right to cancel the adoption process at any time if the home situation or adoptive family has been misrepresented, if certain information was withheld, or if the dog is determined to be a better match with another family.