found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already spayed, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Age/Birthday: 1 year
Weight at last Vet visit: 10 pounds
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Inside (to go in the crate)
Cats: Milly is great with cats! Once she knows them, all she wants to do is play with them, TO CUTE!
Dogs: She is friendly to other dogs but takes her a bit of time to get to know the dog first. She loves to play around with them once she knows them. Milly has been around small and medium size breeds.
Kids: She is great around kids. Milly likes all the attention the young ones will give her, lol! Has been around kids ages 7, 8, and 10.
Men: She likes men, and if they give her a treat she will be all over them, lol!
Women: Milly has been around women the most and is great with them. Very friendly :-)
Crate Trained: Yes, Milly goes right in the crate when asked. She is smart & learned very fast what "inside" means. Whenever she needs to go potty she cries or hits the crate with her tail.
House Trained: Yes, she is housed trained. Milly signals when she needs to be taken out by crying or licking your hand. Sometimes she will just stare at you nonstop and make low sounds.
Leash Trained: She is not used to going on walks & is afraid of it. She walks at the same pace you do. We are currently working with her & showing her how fun walks can be. :-)
Car: She loves car rides, and will either sit there quietly or look out the window.
Other issues: She is scared to be left alone and cries. Foster Mom has seen a large improvement in it though from the time she first got her until now. Some dogs do that when in a new place & they don't know what is going on & they are scared. She should stop when she gets more comfortable w/you. Milly now only fusses for a few minutes when you leave.
Adoption fee is only $65 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged