found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Find a pet to adopt
My name is Estrella - Only $35 adoption!!
Facts about Estrella - Only $35 adoption!
- Breed: Cavalier King Charles Spaniel/Papillon Mix
- Color: Tricolor (Tan/Brown & Black & White)
- Age: Young
- Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
- Sex: Female
- ID#: A425875
Estrella - Only $35 adoption!'s Info...
I am already spayed, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, and good with dogs.
These 2 sweethearts were scheduled to be euthanized after only 1 week of being at one of the kill shelters. Luckily, we were able to rescue them before that happened! They really are both very sweet and loving. I cant imagine why someone did not want to keep them!
They love each other very much, so we have them listed as a bonded pair. Meaning they must stay together.
Both of these little cuties are very sweet, affectionate & playful! You get the best of both worlds with these 2 little ones.
Estrella is the smaller one, but the more spirited of the two. She has a bolder personality, & is more playful.
Missy had a urinary tract infection when she came to us (poor thing), but with a little time & antibiotics, she is all healed up now. She is smart, & will let you know when she wants something. Her foster Mom has said it is like she is trying to "talk" to her, LOL! Missy is also the more cuddly of the 2, and likes to be on your lap. She is more of the lover.
Both dogs are always ready for a tummy rub, give an abundance of kisses and love to play! They love dog chews and dog toys. Broccoli is their favorite doggie treat. :-)
They are learning to: Come, Sit, Stay, Go Kennel and already use the doggie door throughout the day. Nothing would make these 2 little cuties happier than to snuggle up with their owner at night. You might even find Estrella buried under the covers sometimes! To cute!
Both girls are spayed, have a healthy, shiny coat, good teeth, bright dark-brown eyes, and always ready to give someone a kiss or two.
Their breed is part of the "spaniel" family so they will need walks several times a week, plus being only a year old, they are little bundles of energy. It would be ideal for someone to take them for daily walks for at least 20 minutes, or take them to the dog park.
Age/Birthday: Both just turned 1 yr
Weight at last Vet visit: Missy was 13 lbs, Estrella 11 lbs
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: Unknown, They have not been around cats
Dogs: They do love to play with other dogs & love to run at the park. It took them a little while to get used to the other dogs in the home, at first they growled & barked, but now all four are starting to play with each other. Previous owner did not socialize them at all, so now they are just getting used to meeting new dogs & are loving it. :-)
Kids: Previous owner said that they have been around older kids, & were friendly & loving.
Men: Shy with new people, & will bark at you at first. Estrella is the more bold one. After a minute or two, she will come over & flop down for a belly rub. Missy takes a little longer, but is more bold around her sister. Once they know you, they are social & loving.
Women: Same as w/men. See above.
Crate Trained: Yes, previous owner crate trained them , & current foster Mom also crates them. Their current foster Mom is gone for 8 hrs M-F & they have done great in the crate. They both understand the “go kennel” command (to go inside the crate). Originally, they were put in separate crates, but prefer to be in one crate together.
House Trained: Yes, Previous owner said that they are both house trained, but did not say how they signal you when they need to go outside. Their foster Mom just told me that Estrella has had some accidents in the house while she is learning the new routine, so she needs to be crated or confined to a tiled area of the house until she settles in to your routine. So she crates Estrella during the day and then as soon as she gets home, they go right out to go potty. And that works best until she gets into the swing of things. They also understand "Potty" (sometimes it needs to be repeated so they stay focused) but then they go right outside.
Leash Trained: Previous owner never walked them (poor babies) :-(. So now they are learning the joys of being able to go outside & walk around. Their foster Mom has said that they walk pretty well on a leash. Estrella gets super excited & just wants to see everything. Her foster Mom says she has been a bit “all over”, but she is teaching her to walk more calmly. Missy stays right by her foster Moms side.
Car: Quiet & laid there
Other issues: None, they're wonderful!
Adoption fee is only $35 (each) & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit