Ruff Ruff! My name is Princess - Only $75 adoption!
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Princess - Only $75 adoption!'s Info...
Rescue Group: Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ
|Breed:||Chihuahua||Color:||Tan/Yellow/Fawn - With White||Age:||Puppy|
|Size:||Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less||Sex:||Female||ID#:||A424686|
PROFILES ARE UPDATED OFTEN
Princess was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. She is new to our home & so far is quiet, fearful, and shy. I think our hectic household is overwhelming for her. As there are many people & pets. Princess needs to be given some time to warm up to you and your other pets. One habit she has is finding a corner where no one goes or is close to & she will sometimes stay there for hours. Poor thing, I can't imagine what she has been through that makes her so afraid! She likes to play, but for some reason after playing she decides to go back to her corner. Overall she's a very good dog but scared. We are working with her to show her that life can be fun, & to show her that she is safe now. A potential adopter would need to have patience with her when it comes to training & to take her out & socialize her more. She would do best in a quiet home where she could relax & feel more comfortable.
Age/Birthday: 9 months
Weight at last Vet visit: 6 lbs
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: She likes cats & wants to play once she knows them.
Dogs: Princess has the same reaction with dogs as with cats. She has been around small and medium size breeds only.
Kids: Likes kids and to be petted but then runs. She has been around kids ages 4, 7, 8 in her foster home. Previous owner stated that she was friendly with babies, toddlers & older children. Since she is so tiny & could be hurt easily, we are asking for home with children 7 yrs & older please.
Women: Same reaction as with children and men. Previous owner said that she is very friendly once she gets to know you.
Men: She is the same with men as with women and children, and likes when she is given a treat by them. Previous owner said that she is very friendly once she gets to know you.
Crate Trained: Yes, she will go right in when you say "lets go". She had a couple accidents (pee) in it the first couple nights, but now we take her water up every night & she hasn't had any since.
House Trained: I have not noticed her give any signals to go outside, so I take her out on a regular schedule & she has done great with that.
Leash Trained: unknown, little Princess was never taken on a walk by her previous owner.
Car: Transporter said she was quiet & well behaved in the crate in the car. (He also noted that she was a little cutie & he thought she was a little charmer). :-)
Other issues: None, just look at that adorable little face!.
If you are adopting a puppy, all puppies chew. This can be easily managed with rawhide bones or chew toys to direct their behavior to something that is acceptable to chew on, using bitter apple spray on the things they are not allowed to chew on, & crating your puppy when you are unable to monitor them.
Adoption fee is only $75 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged