Ruff Ruff! My name is Doc
|Breed:||German Shepherd Dog/Husky Mix||Color:||Black - With Tan, Yellow Or Fawn||Age:||Adult|
|Size:||Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)||Sex:||Male||ID#:||54213|
I am already neutered, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
My name is Doc and I am about 3-4 yrs old. I have been recently neutered, dont want to talk much about that. I think I may be a shepard mix, I am colored like one, yet mixed with something smaller with shorter legs. My foster Mom says I am squatty body, bout 55 lbs. They say I came from a bad place but I don't remember much. Its been great lately. Good food, play with lots of other animals on big property, treats, hikes, and lesson time. I love the rides in the truck with the other boys, we go for runs in fields, woods, even lakes and rivers. Other dogs sometimes go to and they are all nice. Social time is fun. Cats are ok, I would like to chase them but its not worth it, they probably know I don't really want to catch them anyway. I never chase the horses. Mom said it is strange that all the animals accepted me so soon. I am really a pushover, and just want to have fun. My manners are great now with my lessons. I eat graciously with tail waggin, with all the other guys. When we get treats I dont munch fingers. I come, sit, and leash time is getting better and better. Off leash is more fun. I play hard and can be energetic but I can lay around like a sausage too. I sleep all night, quiet. Either outside or in. I never pee in the house or the barn. I dont ever leave the property. And I was NOT one of the boys that tried to visit that PorQpine. I wait til I am invited in the truck, and wait til they tell me I can jump out. I don't chew (past that age!) or dig, not really any bad habits. Mom says I don't smell bad like some dogs do.
I would like a home with another dog, but mostly I would just like a home.
If you would like to meet me, bring a ball and a goodie.
For more information on Doc, please contact Lorrie or e-mail his foster mom Robyn at email@example.com
For applications, go to our website www.SecondChanceDogs.net , download the file and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
Second Chance Dogs was founded by a group of 3 determined women who, for years, independently helped "in need" dogs transform their current situations. In July, 2009, they joined forces and started Second Chance Dogs, a non-profit organization in an effort to help more dogs in more ways. Each member brings to the organization their own special gift, and when combined, allows Second Chance Dogs to offer a variety of services to help rehabilitate and find loving homes from these dogs.
Our pets are in foster homes, and can be viewed online on Petfinder.com and Adopt-a-Pet.com
1. Indicate Interest about the dog who is available for adoption
2. Discuss the dog’s biography with people who will often be with the dog
3. Make a list of questions about the dog
4. Evaluate the amount of time you can be with the dog…….he/she is a new family member
5. Fill out the adoption application
6. Send photos of the yard(s) & schedule a home visit
7. After Board approval, the foster family will get in touch with you ; scheduling a “meet and greet”
8. One of more Board members will be present at the “meet and greet”
9. A protocol for the “meet and greet” is sent to the people considering adoption.
10. SCD consults may take place throughout the application process. Topics such as dog nutrition; medical needs; training; getting along with other pets in the home may need to be discussed
11. When the “meet and greet” goes 100% well, depending on circumstances, the dog may go home with the new family
12. After the majority of “meet and greets”, the potential adopting family and SCD will review how things went and discuss options (people and/or dog training)
Second Chance Dogs is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization designed to help rescue, rehabilitate and re-home abandoned, abused, neglected and forgotten dogs into loving forever homes.
Although our mailing address is in Roy, we serve all WA State Counties.