Ruff Ruff! My name is Mia the Lucky Bully
Mia the Lucky Bully's Info...
|Breed:||Terrier (Unknown Type, Medium)||Color:||Brown/Chocolate - With White||Age:||Adult|
|Size:||Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)||Sex:||Female||ID#:||5385486|
I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, good with kids, not good with dogs, and not good with cats.
You can fill out an adoption application online on our official website.
Mia is one lucky dog! She has never known a stable home and was being force-bred where she was living, meaning she was tied to a metal stand while male dogs were allowed to mate with her against her will. For this reason, she understandably does not do well around other dogs. However, despite what she's been through, she LOVES people. She was rescued by a wonderful family who have taken care of her and are committed to finding her a furever home. She is microchipped, Heartworm negative, on monthly preventatives and up to date on her shots.
If you are interested in adopting Mia please contact Jannice Potter at (386) 717-3278 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leash Manners - We are working with Mia as she likes to pull. We walk her often. We have used a harness but recently purchased a gentle leader and will be working to train her to walk easier.
- Crate/House Training - Mia is housetrained.
- Socialization - Mia is amazing with people and children of all ages. She loves to be wherever her people are, showing a lot of love and wanting it in return. Men with hats and sunglasses make her bark at first but within a few minutes, she is trusting of them. She is very gentle with children. She does not have any resource aggression, as you can always take her food or toys away. However, she is not well socialized with other animals. We have never tested her with cats. We are working with her socialization with other dogs.
- Energy Level and Exercise - Mia has a moderate energy level, as she loves to play but also loves to just hang out. When we first come to visit her at her foster's home, she runs around the yard like crazy and then she will hang out with us while we clean. After all the cleaning is done, we play with her, throwing the ball and with other toys. She loves tug of war, has a favorite teddy bear, a favorite bone and is a huge fan of rawhide but we only give her a small one each day because if she had her way - she would eat them all!
- Daily Structure and Schedule - We all take turns (the people that rescued her) and see her every day. She runs and plays while we are there. We walk her just about every day. When we are cleaning, she lays down and watches us. When we sit and take a break she comes and sits with us. She has a lot of down time but we have provided many toys and things to keep her busy. We feed her Nutrish Chicken & Veggie flavor. She eats both in the morning and in the later afternoon. We give her some treats in between and plenty of fresh water.
- Temperament - Mia is an alpha dog and needs a strong owner. She is very alert to outside noises and will bark to alert you if she hears any noises or knocks. She loves car rides and behaves very well while riding in the car. She also does well during bath time.
- Obedience - She knows Sit and we are working with her on other commands.
- Behaviors - She does jump up but only because she is very excited to see you! We are working with her to stop that.
- Personality - She is a sweet girl that has been through a very tough time with some not so nice people. She was very sad when we rescued her from them but she is getting much happier now as the days progress. She loves to play and really loves her new igloo bed. She is sad when all of us leave and we all look forward to seeing her the next visit.
- Ideal Situation - Mia should live in a home where she is the only pet. We will continue to work with her with other dogs but for now, we think if she could be the only animal, that would be absolutely ideal. She needs a SECURE fenced yard. She is very curious and wants to explore and it would be important for her not to be able to escape a family yard. She loves people and children so a family would be ideal but the bottom line is Miss Mia needs someone to love her like all the volunteers who rescued her do. She deserves love and attention and would make a wonderful addition to anyone's home. She is very reluctant to strangers so if a single female needed a dog for protection - Mia would be wonderful!
Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
More information about Pet Rescue By Judy
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
We are a private, non-profit rescue located in Sanford, Florida, dedicated to the rescue cats and dogs. Many of them come to us with medical needs. They are doctored to the best of our ability and resources.
Our most urgent goal is to rescue animals that are abandoned or in distress, update their vaccines, and find good new homes for them. But we attempt to be more proactive than that. It is our heartfelt desire to prevent any animal from the need to be "rescued." With that vision in mind, we take a three-prong approach through the education of pet owners and the general public about:
- proper care of animals, including correct diet of good quality food, fresh clean water, daily exercise, and lots of love
- spaying and neutering companion animals (dogs and cats) in order to prevent euthanasia and over-population
- low-cost spay/neuter clinics and wellness centers in their local community
Although many of our pets are cared for at our facility in Sanford, many others are in private foster homes. To arrange a meet, it is best to first complete an online adoption application so that we can set up a meeting. You can access complete information on our pets plus the adoption application on our website, www.petrescuebyjudy.com. Adoptions are held at our Sanford Adoption Center as well as our Oviedo Mall Adoption Center. Please visit our facebook page, facebook.com/petrescuebyjudy, for a full listing of events where PRBJ is represented.
You can get full information on our pets through our website, www.petrescuebyjudy.com. You may then complete an online adoption application. After being processed, we will arrange a meet with the pet at our facility in Sanford. Our adoption fees for cats are generally $75-$150; for dogs $100-$350. We also have a Seniors For Seniors Program to promote the adoption of senior pets by senior citizens.