Ruff Ruff! My name is Lady London the Big City Momma
Lady London the Big City Momma's Info...
|Breed:||Basenji/Terrier (Unknown Type, Medium) Mix||Color:||Tan/Yellow/Fawn - With White||Age:||Adult|
|Size:||Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)||Sex:||Female||ID#:||4065805-1199|
I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, up to date with shots, and not good with cats.
You can fill out an adoption application online on our official website.
Lady wandered very pregnant up to a woman's home. She shortly gave birth to 12 puppies. They all found great homes but Lady continues looking for her forever home. She really loves people and will be your most loyal pal. She is an extremely loving dog, as she loves to show you affection. She is also a very smart girl. Here is everything we know about Lady:
- Leash Manners - Lady loves to walk/jog. She has a lot of energy and will keep going until you stop! She listens very well, but when she spots a cat or small animal she becomes very distracted and will pull. She is a surprisingly strong dog for her size (49lbs) and a strong leash/collar is a must for her. I have been working with her on her manners while walking, and she has showed improvement.
- House/Crate Training - She is 100% house trained, has never had any accidents, and does not whine at all if she wants to go outside.
- Socialization - Lady has been very undersocialized, so she is lacking in this area. She is very protective so she shows a little apprehension around new people, but once she knows they are her 'friend' then she loves them all up! She does not prefer small children and probably would be best living in a home without them. She does not get along very well around most other dogs and also has a high prey drive, so does not react well to cats either. She has shown some improvement however, through behavioral training and discipline.
- Energy Level and Exercise - She has a lot of energy, but also knows when it's time to relax. She needs regular exercise and makes a great running partner.
- Daily Structure and Schedule - Lady goes on a walk every morning, afternoon, and evening. She eats 2-3 'meals' a day, rotating between wet and dry food. She has healthy snacks in between, and chews on bones/toys.
- Temperament - Lady is an alpha dog and needs an owner who a strong and confident Pack Leader.
- Obedience Training - She knows Stay, Stop and Wait for cars when crossing the street. She knows Leave It Alone when it comes to anything she should not be doing. She also knows Paw and Come Here. She is a good listener and is eager to make people happy!
- Behaviors - We are working on her behavioral issues that stem from a lack of socialization. She definitely needs an experienced dog owner and someone who is a strong handler and willing to give her the Leadership and Discipline that she needs to continue improving her behaviors.
- Ideal Home - The best home for Lady is one with no cats or children, and where she can get daily exercise and structure. She must be with a strong owner, and someone who is willing to work with her.
Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
More information about Pet Rescue By Judy
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
We are a private, non-profit rescue located in Sanford, Florida, dedicated to the rescue cats and dogs. Many of them come to us with medical needs. They are doctored to the best of our ability and resources.
Our most urgent goal is to rescue animals that are abandoned or in distress, update their vaccines, and find good new homes for them. But we attempt to be more proactive than that. It is our heartfelt desire to prevent any animal from the need to be "rescued." With that vision in mind, we take a three-prong approach through the education of pet owners and the general public about:
- proper care of animals, including correct diet of good quality food, fresh clean water, daily exercise, and lots of love
- spaying and neutering companion animals (dogs and cats) in order to prevent euthanasia and over-population
- low-cost spay/neuter clinics and wellness centers in their local community
Although many of our pets are cared for at our facility in Sanford, many others are in private foster homes. To arrange a meet, it is best to first complete an online adoption application so that we can set up a meeting. You can access complete information on our pets plus the adoption application on our website, www.petrescuebyjudy.com. Adoptions are held at our Sanford Adoption Center as well as our Oviedo Mall Adoption Center. Please visit our facebook page, facebook.com/petrescuebyjudy, for a full listing of events where PRBJ is represented.
You can get full information on our pets through our website, www.petrescuebyjudy.com. You may then complete an online adoption application. After being processed, we will arrange a meet with the pet at our facility in Sanford. Our adoption fees for cats are generally $75-$150; for dogs $100-$350. We also have a Seniors For Seniors Program to promote the adoption of senior pets by senior citizens.