Meow! My name is Sassy
I am already spayed, up to date with shots, and good with kids.
Date of Birth: estimated September 18, 2011
Female - SPAYED
Short Haired Tortoiseshell
Hi there! I’m Sassy, and I came to Tigerlily Cat Rescue after I was rescued with my litter from a bad outside situation. All my babies have found their forever homes, and now it’s my turn. I love to play with feather toys, jingle balls, empty thread spools, springs--just about anything you can think of! Most of all, I love laser lights. After playing, I enjoy laying around the house on a comfy pillow, a cat tree, or a chair. I love ear scritchies and having my head rubbed, but it has to be on my terms. I can be an only kitty, but I would also be happy in a home with other cats as long as I have my own space too. Do you have room in your heart and home for me?
Help this Rescue Group by making a donation.
Rescue Group Info...
Tigerlily Cat Rescue is a group of volunteers, dedicated to helping homeless cats and kittens find forever homes and to helping reduce the pet overpopulation problem. We are a state and federal non-profit rescue group. We rescue, sterilize, and make every effort to adopt healthy and friendly cats and kittens!
734 E Big Beaver Rd
Troy, MI 48083
Please call or e-mail us for an adoption questionnaire!
We do require adopters to be at least 21 years old.
* If you are leasing, we do ask that you provide a copy of your rental agreement showing that cats are allowed.
* We also ask that all adults living in the home agree with the adoption and addition of a feline friend to the family.
* For families with young children (under 6), kittens over 6 months are best.
* If the pet is to be alone for a significant amount of time, we ask that you consider adopting an older kitten or adult, or consider adopting two kittens to keep each other company. Young kittens are susceptible to social-depression if alone for a significant amount of time.
* We also discourage "gift" adoptions unless it is from a parent to a minor child.
* We do not permit 4-paw declawing of our cats. Often, 4-paw declawing leads to behavioral problems. Front-declawing is not advisable for cats over 1 year old. We encourage alternatives to declawing, such as nail trimming and scratch-training. Please ask us if you have any questions about these alternatives!
Our adoption fee of $100 includes feline leukemia/FIV testing, deworming, flea preventative, and age-appropriate vaccines. All Tigerlily cats are thoroughly examined by a veterinarian. All adults are spayed/neutered. For kittens too young for sterilization, $25 of the adoption fee is refunded when proof of the sterilization is sent to Tigerlily Cat Rescue.