About Our Rescue Group...
St. Sophia’s Forgotten Felines is a non-profit foster-based cat rescue in Addison, IL. Established in late 2010, St. Sophia’s strives to be the best in temporary care for cats in transition. What does this mean? It means that the cats in our care aren’t intended to stay in our care. Our hope is a forever home for every adoptable cat — no more homeless cats!
We work with local Trap-Neuter-Return organizations. Trap-Neuter-Return (also known as TNR) is a method of humanely trapping unaltered feral cats, neutering them, and releasing them back to the same environment where they were originally found. TNR is promoted by proponents as a humane and more effective alternative for managing and reducing feral cat populations (compared to euthanasia).
While most cats trapped are completely feral (wild, without any domestic socialization), some cats (often kittens, or even adults that have been well cared-for outdoors) can and have become socialized and adoptable. St. Sophia evaluates each cat in TNR programs individually in order to determine what the best forever home would be (whether their home is best outdoors in the wild, or whether they are best suited to an indoor family lifestyle). Each cat is different in many ways, and St. Sophia’s prides itself on being able to determine what’s best for each cat on a one-on-one basis.
The Board Members of St. Sophia’s Forgotten Felines have over 15 years of service in feline welfare combined. They come from various backgrounds including marketing, publishing, business, web-design, librarianship, and more.
We are all volunteer-run and are always looking for people to help!
Come Meet Our Pets...
Our adoptable cats are available to be seen by appointment during evenings and weekends. We often have adopt-a-thons at local pet stores and grooming places.
To set an appointment:
* Call or text 847-773-7639
* Email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Schedule on our Website
Our Adoption Process...
In Order to Adopt you Must:
* Have current photo identification with your current address
* Be willing and able to spend the time & money needed to feed, house, play, train and provide medical care for your cat.
* You must carefully read the terms of our Adoption Contract and agree to its terms.
* You agree that if, for any reason, at any time, you cannot keep the cat you have adopted from St. Sophia’s, you must RETURN THE CAT TO ST. SOPHIA’S.
* Agree to allow an authorized representative of St. Sophia’s to make adoption follow-ups
After you have made the decision to add a furry friend to your household, there are a few more steps you will need to do to complete the process.
Visit our Cats + Kittens page to find a cat or kitten that you are interested in.
Schedule a Visitation at our Office Headquarters using our Online Scheduler, and meet with the cat(s) and/or kittens(s) that you are interested in.
Fill out an Adoption Application, and review it with a St. Sophia’s Representative.
Sign the Adoption Contract and pay the adoption fee.
– Adult Cats (6 months+) = $75.00
– Kittens (2-5 months) = $100.00
– Black Cats (adults) = $40.00
– Senior Cats (8+years) = $40.00
This fee includes:
– Worming and Parasite Treatment
– Feline Leukemia/FIV (AIDS) combo test.
It also allows for the return – FOR ANY REASON – to the shelter of any of our cats or kittens should that become necessary.
Once the decision to adopt has been made, you expect to allow 45 minutes for the actual adoption process. You will need a sturdy carrier to take the cat or kitten home in, and proof of identification and/or your lease if requested.