found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Marble - Only $95 adoption!!
Facts about Marble - Only $95 adoption!
- Breed: Pit Bull Terrier/Boxer Mix
- Color: Brindle - With White
- Age: Puppy
- Size: Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)
- Sex: Female
- ID#: A428852
Marble - Only $95 adoption!'s Info...
I am already spayed, housetrained, in need of an experienced adopter, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Marble was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. She reminded us of the beautiful colors that are found in the rock called Marble. hence the name. She is sweet, quiet and likes to play with her sister Falloe the most. She likes to play with squeaky toys and has a grand ol' time swinging them around! TO CUTE! She has learned what "come on" means, & we are working on others. For some reason she loves to be in the crate and is always the first one to go in it before her brothers & sisters. She is a typical puppy where her whole world consists of eating, sleeping, & playing. Her energy level is in between and when she plays for a while, she gets tired and falls asleep in the crate or her bed.
These rolly polly puppies were found “in Wickenburg, out in the middle of nowhere”. Their mom had been killed and her pups were found close by. There are 5 total ( 3 females and 2 males). Safe Haven rescued the entire litter, and all of them will be posted for adoption soon. As far as breed goes, the good samaritan did not tell us what the Mom looked like, so we are guessing Pit Bull Terrier mixes & assume that they will be medium sized dogs. They are bright, alert, and super playful! Oh my goodness, they are TO CUTE! How could we turn down those little faces? You can't help but smile when you look at these ADORABLE PUPPIES!
Their foster Mom takes them outside to play under the sun in the grass & they love it! They have a grand ol' time playing with each other & following her around when she runs, LOL! TO CUTE!!!
We are accepting applications for them now, & will set up a group meet & greet once we have an approved application for each of the puppies. If it is love at first site at the meet & greet, you can adopt them at that point, but they will not be able to go home with you until they are 8 weeks. Once they are 8 weeks, they are then old enough to be spayed/neutered & we will also give them their 2nd booster shot. After that, they are free to go & you can pick up your new little bundle of joy!
Like all puppies, they will need a patient person who has time to teach them everything they need to know & continue to socialize them as they are only babies. Currently the pups are eating soft canned food on their own & being introduced to the dry puppy food. They are fed 4 times a day. If need be, you can reduce it to 2 times a day, but 4 times is better for them. Their foster Mom says that they are very smart & learn very fast. They are already potty trained!
Age/Birthday: 5 weeks on 2/08/13
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: They live with one in their foster home. Marble follows her and is curious but is not interested in playing with her.
Dogs: She likes to play with them and follow them. But if the other dog does not want to play with her, she finds something else to do .Besides her litter mates, she also lives with 2 small adult dogs in her foster home, & has met medium sized dogs.
Kids: Likes kids and to be held. Tends to fall asleep in their arms.
Men: Likes to get their attention and play.
Women: She loves them and likes when they play with her.
Crate Trained: Yes, I noticed that when the puppies want to go potty, they cry and wine. That is when I rush to take then outside and as soon as I let them out, they run to do their business right away. Marble goes in the crate when she is asked and even when she's not asked to. She loves to be in it, and often goes in on her own to get her naps.
House Trained: Yes! She will whine to signal you to let her out.
Leash Trained: She doesn't understand it & is afraid of it. Her foster Mom is working with her on this.
Car: She does not enjoy car rides, but is quiet. If you don't crate her, she is all over the place in the car.
Other issues: When it comes to eating, she can be pretty impatient and will crawl all over you until she gets her food. Other than that, no issues with this beautiful puppy.
If you are adopting a puppy, all puppies chew. This can be easily managed with rawhide bones or chew toys to direct their behavior to something that is acceptable to chew on, using bitter apple spray on the things they are not allowed to chew on, & crating your puppy when you are unable to monitor them.
Adoption fee is only $95 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit