Ruff Ruff! My name is Falloe - Only $95 adoption!
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Falloe - Only $95 adoption!'s Info...
Rescue Group: Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ
|Breed:||American Pit Bull Terrier/Boxer Mix||Color:||Tricolor (Tan/Brown & Black & White)||Age:||Puppy|
|Size:||Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)||Sex:||Female||ID#:||A428854|
Falloe was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. Her name came from a play on the word "follow" (with a pretty twist). It was given to her due to how much she loves to follow people (& her brothers/sisters) around. She likes to know what is going on at all times and be around when someone needs "help" on something, LOL. She is a HUGE cuddle bug & will give you "hugs". Because she is such a little lover, we would like to see her go to a home with another dog in the home, or one of her littermates., so that she always has company. She is smart & will also let you know when it's time to eat, she wants to play, or she is cold. Her energy level is high, but at night she goes right to sleep. She LOVES everyone, & is super playful! She can be very goofy, & it will make you crack up to see her run because her ears flop up and down, lol, TO CUTE! Her favorite toys are a porky pine squeaky toy, and tennis balls. She is very smart & already potty trained.
These rolly polly puppies were found "in Wickenburg, out in the middle of nowhere". Their mom had been killed and her pups were found close by. Safe Haven rescued the entire litter. As far as breed goes, the good samaritan did not tell us what the Mom looked like, so we are guessing Pit Bull Terrier mixes & assume that they will be medium sized dogs. They are bright, alert, and super playful! Oh my goodness, they are TO CUTE! How could we turn down those little faces? You can't help but smile when you look at these ADORABLE PUPPIES!
Their foster Mom has said several times that she is having so much fun fostering these little ones! She takes them outside to play under the sun in the grass & they love it! They have a grand ol' time playing with each other & following her around when she runs, LOL! TO CUTE!!!
Like all puppies, they will need a patient person who has time to teach them everything they need to know & continue to socialize them as they are only babies. Currently they are fed 4 times a day. If need be, you can reduce it to 2 times a day, but 4 times is better for them. Their foster Mom says that they are very smart & learn very fast.
Age/Birthday: 2 months
Weight at last Vet visit: 11 lbs She is the biggest one in the litter (We are estimating that the puppies will grow to be between 50 lbs - 60 lbs when they are adults)
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: She is curious and follows them around but doesn't seem interested in playing with them.
Dogs: She is SUPER playful & really wants a playmate! She currently lives with 2 small adult dogs & all of her littermates. She is comfortable around any new small dog, but fearful & unsure around large dogs. She has only been around large dogs once though, & will get better as she gets used to them.
Kids: She likes to play with the kids and run after them, LOL. Loves to be held by them and falls asleep on their lap. She has been around the ages 4-10.
Men: Of all the puppies, she is the most shy with strangers, but the people she knows, she is super affectionate with.
Women: Of all the puppies, she is the most shy with strangers. With the women she knows, she gets excited to see them and will follow them all around. She loves to play with them and to get their attention or settle in & cuddle.
Crate Trained: Will go in when she is asked and if she needs to go potty she will let you know by crying loudly and trying to get out of the crate.
House Trained: Signals by crying loudly.
Leash Trained: She is afraid of the leash & doesn't understand it & will refuse to walk. Her foster Mom is working with her on this. Once she gets older, she would do best with someone who can take her on daily walks for at least 30 minutes a day.
Car: Fell asleep
Other issues: No issues with this sweetheart.
If you are adopting a puppy, all puppies chew. This can be easily managed with rawhide bones or chew toys to direct their behavior to something that is acceptable to chew on, using bitter apple spray on the things they are not allowed to chew on, & crating your puppy when you are unable to monitor them.
Adoption fee is only $95 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit