found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
My name is Keeper - Only $95 adoption!!
Facts about Keeper - Only $95 adoption!
- Breed: American Pit Bull Terrier/Boxer Mix
- Color: White - With Black
- Age: Puppy
- Size: Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)
- Sex: Male
- ID#: A428856
Keeper - Only $95 adoption!'s Info...
I am already neutered, housetrained, in need of an experienced adopter, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Keeper was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. This little man got his name because he's the overall favorite (especially the foster Dads). There is just something special about him. He's a very sweet, quiet, nice puppy which makes us want to keep him, and from there comes his name.....Keeper.
He's a very quiet little man, but he's also full of all that puppy energy & loves to play with his brothers and sisters. Keeper never leaves his brothers side (Snow) and loves to cuddle as well. He loves being held and will even fall asleep in your arms. He has a very sweet look in his eyes when he just stares at you while being held in your arms. It just melts my heart!!! He loves to run around outside and also to sunbathe. Squeaky toys are his favorite. Especially a porcupine stuffed animal that he has. Keeper is starting to learn his name and the words "no" & "come here", & we are working on others. Whenever he sees you running he starts chasing you around, lol, and doesn't stop until you stop, or disappear from his sight. I hope his new family will stay in touch & give us updates as he grows up. Once you meet him, you can't help but fall in love!
These rolly polly puppies were found "in Wickenburg, out in the middle of nowhere" by a good samaritan. Their mom had been killed and her pups were found close by. Safe Haven rescued the entire litter. As far as breed goes, the good samaritan did not tell us what the Mom looked like, so we are guessing Pit Bull Terrier mixes & assume that they will be medium sized dogs. They are bright, alert, and super playful! Oh my goodness, they are TO CUTE! How could we turn down those little faces? You can't help but smile when you look at these ADORABLE PUPPIES!
Their foster Mom has said several times that she is having so much fun fostering these little ones! She takes them outside to play under the sun in the grass & they love it! They have a grand ol' time playing with each other & following her around when she runs, LOL! TO CUTE!!!
Like all puppies, they will need a patient person who has time to teach them everything they need to know & continue to socialize them as they are only babies. Currently they are fed 4 times a day. If need be, you can reduce it to 2 times a day, but 4 times is better for them. Their foster Mom says that they are very smart & learn very fast. They are already potty trained!
Age/Birthday: 2 months
Weight at last Vet visit: 9 lbs He is the smallest in the litter (We are estimating that the puppies will grow to be between 50 lbs - 60 lbs when they are adults)
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: Keeper runs after cats, but just to play with them. He is very curious about cats and when he sees one, he gets into play mode and his tail goes crazy, lol!
Dogs: It's similar to how he reacts around cats. He lives with 2 small adult dogs & his littermates. He is more comfortable around small dogs & will go right up to greet new small dogs. He is also curious about larger dogs, but will hang back a bit & follow them around until he is more comfortable with them. Big dogs are new to him & he has only met 1 so far.
Kids: Keeper likes kids of all ages. Has been around the ages of 4-10. He usually tends to fall asleep in their arms but once he sees them running he gets up, and starts chasing after them. TO CUTE!
Men: Great with men & will tackle your feet, LOL!
Women: Same reaction as with men.
Crate Trained: Yes, He goes in when he is asked and he will let you know he needs to go potty by crying and scratching at the crate.
House Trained: Yes, Keeper signals by crying, just like when he is inside the crate. Keep in mind that a puppy this young does not have the ability to "hold it", so as soon as he tells you he needs to go potty, you need to let him out right away.
Leash Trained: We are working with him on this, he is very treat motivated & is doing well with training.. Once he gets older, he would do best with someone who can take him on daily walks for at least 30 minutes a day.
Car: Fell asleep
Other issues: No issues at all with this little guy. He's ADORABLE!
If you are adopting a puppy, all puppies chew. This can be easily managed with rawhide bones or chew toys to direct their behavior to something that is acceptable to chew on, using bitter apple spray on the things they are not allowed to chew on, & crating your puppy when you are unable to monitor them.
Adoption fee is only $95 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit