Meow! My name is Angel
I am already spayed, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Little Miss Angel...I am a wonderfully soft little girl, born in the fall of 2012 out in the
cold. Genesis came to my rescue and now I am looking to show how thankful I am by bringing love and joy into a new “fur”ever home! I am fine with other cats and dogs, but I like my space, and that space is a warm lap! 'I love to curl up and purr in my foster Momma’s lap while she reads.'
For more info on this pet and our adoption process, please go to our main website @ www.genesisanimalrescue.org
Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
Rescue Group Info...
GENESIS ANIMAL RESCUE, established in 2001, is an all volunteer, not-for-profit 501(c) 3 charitable organization who relies on supporters dedicated to rescue. We are a licensed no-kill animal shelter/foster home organization with the Department of Agriculture for Illinois. Genesis is dedicated to the immediate rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption of animals in need, primarily dogs, but not limited to. All incoming animals are given a complete health check upon arrival, and provided ALL necessary medical care. A thorough behavioral evaluation is performed prior to any and all foster stays or eventual adoption into a forever home. After evaluating health and temperment, the animals then begin the process of healing. Severe abuse and neglect are common among our incoming animals. The healing process encompasses both physical as well as psychological healing.
We are based in Mattoon, IL, but our animals come from local and regional animal control facilities, strays, and owner surrenders. Our group consists of individuals who have donated countless, volunteer hours to the plight of homeless and abused animals. These people open their homes and hearts to act as foster parents until permanent placement is established.
Visits/Adoptions are by appointment only.
.Our process for adopting a pet consists of the following:
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE COMPLETING AN APPLICATION
1. A completed application to be approved by Genesis Animal Rescue.
2. You must be 21 years of age to complete an application/adopt.
3. Upon application reviewal, the foster parent/coordinator will contact you via email and/or phone regarding any questions/concerns about the pet, in order to ensure that this is a right match for your lifestyle.
4. A home visit may be scheduled at this time if we feel it is a necessity in choosing the right home. The pet may/may not be brought to the home visit.
5. An adoption meeting will then be scheduled with your entire family and the adoptable pet and the foster parents.
6. If you are chosen to adopt the pet, he/she will be able to go home with you from the adoption meeting.
7. The adoption donation for dogs is $200 and cats are $75.
Completed medical care for each pet includes:
1. Complete overall health exam
2. All vaccinations(age appropriate):DHLPPCV, Bordetella, Rabies
3. Heartworm Test(canine) or FELV/FIV(feline) Test
4. Heartworm treatment if positive for heartworms
5. Fecal Check and dewormed
6. Flea prevention
7. Heartworm prevention
8. Dental Care (if needed)
9. HomeAgain MicroChip & registration
11. Spay/Neuter(including puppies)
12. A final adoption agreement will be signed upon adoption.
We reserve the right to refuse/deny any applicant/application, for any reason, at any time during the adoption process.
All pets are kept in foster homes where they are behavior and personality tested in order to best fit each animal into the home best suited for his/her needs. We strive to place each animal in his/her forever home the first time, however if the pet does not work out he/she must be returned to Genesis for further placement. We encourage any and all questions, the more the better to suit each pet correctly and to ensure your happiness with your new pet!
We serve Central Illinois, but adoptions are not limited to this area.