Ruff Ruff! My name is Savannah
|Breed:||American Pit Bull Terrier Mix||Color:||White||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)||Sex:||Female||ID#:||5495792|
I am already spayed, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, and good with dogs.
Savannah was rescued from a local High Kill Shelter... her former owners brought her AND her FIVE 5 week old puppies to the shelter and left them. During her visit at the shelter... She was being a very good Mom! She made sure her puppies were well fed while in the shelter, in fact... they were fatty pups! Even though she was being drained of her own body fats, Savannah was getting pretty skinny. Well, sadly she was deemed "aggressive" as she wouldn't allow people to go near her kennel where she was nursing her babies... We perfectly understand that despite Pit Bull's natural love for their humans... but also it's very natural for a mother to protect her new born babies. Savannah was in a new and very scary place where she didn't know anybody... We're sure she could sense the death from inside the high kill shelter... she thought she just had to protect her babies. Well, we soon learned about Savannah and her distress... then we found out TWO other "rescues" had placed their name on the 5 puppies and intended on leaving Momma Savannah behind. The second we learned of this, our President contacted the Director of Animal Services personally and asked if we pull the entire family (Mom & Puppies) would we "trump" the other two "rescues"... He said, "Absolutely" So, our President was there the very next morning and saved Savannah and her babies... Twenty minutes after the family was out of the Shelter, A picture was taken of Savannah sitting on our President's lap... so much for the "aggression" huh?
Online Adoption Application: www.PitBullHappenings.com/adoptapp.php
Visual breed identification has proven to be inaccurate and unreliable! The fact is, unless you know the history, lineage/parentage, etc. you shouldn't label the dogs and pass inaccurate info to the adopters, general public, and others. The Dogs we rescue from shelters come from an unknown background and most of our owner surrenders we take into our Rescue, the owners are unable to prove their history therefore, we are unable to guarantee the predominant and precise breed for our dogs hence, our Dogs are American Rescue Dogs! Canine DNA testing is relatively new and none to our knowledge test for the American Pit Bull Terrier making DNA testing unreliable and inaccurate. We will label our Dogs the American Pit Bull Terrier (the true Pit Bull) when we know the lineage/history. We judge our Dogs on their own individual behavior and personality!
More information about Pit Bull Happenings Rescue
Rescue Group Info...
Pit Bull Happenings' mission is to bring communities together by leadership, education, rescue of the American Pit Bull Terrier and other American Rescue Dogs, community involvement, and awareness. We are an Animal Welfare Organization.
We are dedicated and committed to:
• Educating the general public, media, lawmakers, and others on the American Pit Bull Terrier and American Rescue Dogs.
• Promote and teach responsible dog ownership.
• Rescue American Pit Bull Terriers and American Rescue Dogs whom, were abandoned, neglected, abused and/or surrendered.
• To support the community needs relating to the benefit and welfare of the Dog(s).
• Primarily, work with the individual dog and to help the individual dog owner who are willing to help us, help them, all for the betterment and welfare of the Dog(s).
• Bringing communities together to strengthen the responsible dog owner's rights.
• Opposing BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) in all forms. We will, also, legally oppose any legislation either currently on the books or in the form of a bill that we feel is unfair and/or impedes on the rights of the responsible dog owner.
• Support and to help enact more legislative penalties against criminals and irresponsible dog owners for animal cruelty, neglect, abandonment, irresponsible actions and inactions alike.
Our vision, at Pit Bull Happenings, is to one day restore the image of the American Pit Bull Terriers to their glory days as American's Dog! In furtherance, we will help restore human accountability and responsibility in relations to, the Dog! ~ www.PitBullHappenings.com/mission.php
Here's our Calendar to keep you up-to-date on upcoming Events: www.PitBullHappenings.com/calendar.php
Here are the Flyers for our Upcoming Events: www.PitBullHappenings.com/events.php
Pit Bull Happenings Rescue Adoptable Dogs are:
• Up-to-date on age appropriate vaccinations
• Current on rabies shot
• Negative for heartworms
• Current on heartworm preventative
• One year old and/or older
• House/crate trained and well-mannered
Adoption Donation Fees:
* $200 - Ages 0-12 months
* $150 - Ages 1 to 7 years
* $100 - Ages 7+ years
25% off for First Responders & Veterans!
25% off marked black dog special in appreciation thereof!
• Fill out Application
• We'll then verify the application information and its accuracy
• We'll do the veterinarian and reference checks (and landlord check if renting)
• We'll perform a thorough Home Inspection
• You'll read and sign the Adoption Contract
• If all goes well, you just saved a "Pit Bull"