Ruff Ruff! My name is Bailey - Only $75 adoption!
found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Other Pets at Shelter...
Bailey - Only $75 adoption!'s Info...
Rescue Group: Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ
|Breed:||Shih Tzu/Border Terrier Mix||Color:||Tricolor (Tan/Brown & Black & White)||Age:||Young|
|Size:||Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less||Sex:||Male||ID#:||A430093|
This adorable little man was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. The picture posted is the one from the kill shelter & does not come close to doing him justice. He's absolutely ADORABLE! Hopefully we will get better pictures up of him soon.
He is so easy care with such a sweet nature, we joke that he should be re-named "Little McDreamy", LOL!
His foster mom has done a really good job of training him for a new home. Bailey knows how to sit on command, use the doggie door, and come when called.
He was originally found as a stray, so the breed mix is just our best guess. With his long hair, he will need to be brushed at least once a week. He even likes to take baths!
He is SUPER sweet & affectionate. Loves back scratches and tummy rubs, loves to play with toys and roll around & play with the other dogs. He is very healthy, has a hearty appetite, and bright brown eyes with a soft coat.
He has settled in very nicely, is very sweet, very calm, SO well behaved & quiet. The only time you hear from him is when he is trying to tell you he wants something.
His foster Mom takes him to the park a lot & they play ball. He is a total cuddle bug & loves to be on your lap. He's also very affectionate & loves to give kisses :-). He loves to be picked up & & will "ask" you when he wants to be held. He's a dream & just melts your heart!
Age/Birthday: The Vet guessed him to be around 2 years
Weight at last Vet visit: 8 lbs (he was on the thin side though when we got him, & weighs a pound or two more by now)
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- To go potty in a certain corner of the yard
- Mailman (to bark when the mail comes)
- Not to dash out the door
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Scooch (To move out of the way)
- Out (go out of the room)
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Back up
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Ready (alerts them you are about to throw something)
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: Unknown, he has not met any cats as far as we know, but he has such a sweet nature, my guess is that he'd be really good with them.
Dogs: Very interested in other dogs. Bailey is very soft & appropriate when meeting them. He even put up with dog that was a little aggressive with him. Once he knows the other dog, he is very playful. He plays a lot with the other small dogs in his foster home.
Kids: Great with everyone!
Men: Great with everyone!
Women: Great with everyone!
Crate Trained: Yes, He will go in when he is asked & has done great in it. Actually he gets in with another small dog in the home & wants to be in the crate with her. The foster Mom jokes that they are boyfriend & girlfriend, LOL. TO CUTE!
House Trained: Yes, he uses the doggy door in his foster home. He will also go potty on command...
Leash Trained: Great on the leash.
Car: He enjoys car rides. He sat on my lap in the car, leaned in to me & looked out the window. TO CUTE! :-)
Other issues: No issues with this adorable & sweet little guy :-)
Adoption fee is only $75 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.
If you need harnesses for your other dogs, additional harnesses can be purchased for a reduced price:
$5 for small
$6 for medium
$7 for large
No tax is charged as we are a non-profit