About Our Rescue Group...
Perry's Orphans provides rescue, adoption, and a NO KILL haven for endangered, abandoned, and unwanted pets.
In operation for more than 15 years, rescue is all our dear founder Mr. Perry A. Boore did - seven days a week. Tragically we lost Perry March 2, 2015 after he suffered devastating injuries rescuing animals from a house fire. But his work is carried on by his daughters Deborah Duran and Carla Colby. Both maintain Perry's Orphans Sanctuary numerous web sites monitoring email traffic and sending updates for the pet listings for the organization. Deborah is currently on site at the sanctuary in Arkansas.
Come Meet Our Pets...
If you are interested in seeing any of our puppies or dogs, please call or email first before coming to our sanctuary. We will also meet you in the local area for a face to face pet meet. If you have children or another dog in the house bring them along so they can get to know each other too. We will do what ever we can to assist you in finding your new companion.
Your donation does help to offset some of the costs associated with spaying and neutering; heartworm testing and prevention; basic vaccines and parasite control; and shelter upkeep where applicable. Also, there are many dogs that come to us with problems that have expensive veterinary bills, i.e. heartworm treatment, broken legs, mange.
After adoption we are always available to assist and advise our adoptive families in every way we can. Our adoption policy allows you to surrender the animal back to us If for any reason an adoption does not work out.
Our Adoption Process...
• We never allow any dog under the age of 12 weeks old (3 months) to be adopted. This ensures the animal is current with all shots/treatments such as DHLPP or DAPPV +4Way LEPTO (for Distemper prevention), Drontal, Ivermectin, Rabies vaccinations, Heartworm prevention, De-worming, Grooming care, and safe, personal transportation to you. AND most importantly is spayed/neutered before going to a new home.
• Fenced in yard is preferred for anyone adopting a dog and required if adopting a puppy. Note up to 1 year in age is considered a puppy.
• Veterinarian reference is required.
• All current dogs and cats in the adoptive household must be spayed/neutered prior to adopting from Perry's Orphans Sanctuary.
• Home check is preferred.
• If renting, a copy of the Landlord/Lease Agreement stating that pets are allowed, what type of pets, size of pets are allowed and how many pets allowed. If a pet deposit is required, proof that the deposit has been paid is also required.
Step 1: It is very easy to adopt from Perry’s Orphans Sanctuary! We require an application in writing. Follow this link to the online adoption form: http://littlepawsrescue.us/html/adoptionrequestform2.php. There is no fee involved in applying and your donation is 100% TAX DEDUCTIBLE!
Step 2: After receipt of your inquiry or application we will be giving you a “Thank You” call for your interest. At that time if you have questions you would like answered a) about the dog/cat you have selected b) or BEFORE filling out the online application please provide those questions at that time.
Step 3: A complete screening/verification of the information you have included on the application, along with a background check.
Step 4: Approval of your application, confirmation of donation amount, and scheduling delivery/transport of your new pet.