Ruff Ruff! My name is " Geppetto "
" Geppetto "'s Info...
|Breed:||Chihuahua/Dachshund Mix||Color:||White - With Brown Or Chocolate||Age:||Adult|
|Size:||Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less||Sex:||Male||ID#:||147-13|
I am up to date with shots.
Geppetto is a 4 year old Chihuahua / Dachshund mix. He was given up by his owner because she has too many dogs and could no longer afford them and no where to keep them. Geppetto is friendly but still adjusting to his new surroundings. He has been vaccinated and he is looking for a loving new home
More information about Lawrence County Humane Society
The Lawrence County Humane Society is a non-profit, non-governmental charital organization dedicated to preventing animal cruelty. To accomplish our mission, we provide a safe haven for strayed, abandoned and abused animals; facilitate the return of lost pets to their owners, conduct an adoption program to secure responsible, loving homes for our animals, provide humane education programs for schools and pet therapy for patients in hospitals and nursing homes.
Look for information about our wonderful pets on Comcast OnDemand " Get Local " select " Pet Adoptions" and look for the Lawrence County Humane Society. You may also see our pets on Petfinder.com and Petango.com.
Surrendering a Pet:
We do accept owned and stray cats and dogs from Lawrence County. We do ask for a donation of $30 for owned dogs over 3 months of age and $ 20 for owned cats over 3 months of age. We ask for a donation of $ 12 for puppies 3 months and under and $6 for kittens 12 weeks and under. Because we are a small shelter and space is limited and our shelter is often full, we may ask owners to hold their pet for a short while until we have room. If an owner is unable to keep their pet and must give it up right away we will accept it. We do not guarantee placement of any animal we accept, all we can do is try our best. We do not place aggressive animals or animals that have bitten or have major behavior issues. Owners with highly aggressive animals or animals that have bitten may be refused.
Lawrence County Humane Society
Pearson Mill Road
New Castle, Pa 16101
From downtown New Castle, take Route 108 East(Croton Ave.); turn left at the traffic signal with the green arrow(You'll see sign for 168 North.) When you turn left do not continue on 168, but turn left onto Cascade Street Ext. this will take you past Flaherty Field(a large softball field.) Continue to the dead end T at the end of Cascade St. extention and turn right this is Pearson Mill Road continue up the lane, the shelter is at the top of the hill.
When you visit us, we will ask you to complete a simple "pre-adoption application" or you may answer the following questions and email them to us so that we can assist you in the selection of a new pet. The animal's welfare is our foremost consideration. After the application is completed, there is a 24 hour waiting period. This will give us time to check references, and you will have time to make sure that this is not an impulse decision, and that you are willing to make a long term commitment. However when we receive several applications for any pet then it may take several days before a decission will be made on a new home for that pet. All our Dogs ( Puppies ) and Cats ( Kittens) are microchipped prior to going to their new home and have at least their first vaccination and a mild deworming. Our adoption fees include a spay/ neuter deposit, first series of vaccinations, leukemia testing(cats), deworming and a 72 hour health guarantee. Our special ready to go pets of the month will already be spayed or neutered prior to adoption. The adoption fee for our dogs and puppies ranges from $30.00 to $70.00 plus a $30.00 spay / neuter deposit which is refunded when spay / neuter procedure is completed. Our adoption fee for dogs and puppies that are already spayed or neutered ranges from $60.00 to $120.00. Our adoption fee for cats or kittens that are not spayed or neutered prior to adoption is $15.00 to $30 plus a $20.00 spay / neuter deposit which is refunded when spay / neuter procedure is completed. Our adoption fee for a cat or kitten that has been spayed or neutered ranges from $35.00 to $50.00. Guinea Pigs-$5.00; Rabbits-$10.00; Hamsters-$5.00;Reptiles-Depends on the animal. Due to the number of returned checks recently, we will only accept payment by cash. The Lawrence County Humane Society reserves the right to refuse adoption to anyone. Please answer the following questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We may accept many applications for any one pet and will select the home that is best for that pet. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
ALL ADOPTIONS WILL STOP APPROX. 1 TO 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO CHRISTMAS DAY.
1. adopters name, Age, address and phone #, spouses name and age, email address
2. name and # of the pet you are interested in adopting.
3. why do you want to adopt a pet?
4. what pets do you currently own? please list their age, breed and sex. How long have you owned these pets?
5. your current veterinarian name, address and phone# . please list the persons name that is on file at the vet for the pets you have.
6. do you currently live in a house, apartment, condo, duplex or mobile home?
7. do you own or rent or live with parents?
8. how long have you lived at this residence?
9. landlords name, address and phone #
10. how many adults and how many children in the household? ages of the children? what are the names of the adults and relation to applicant?
11. do you or anyone in the household have any allergies to animals?
12. who will be responsible for the care of the pet?
13. where will the pet be kept during the day and night?
14. where will the pet stay when you are not home?
15. are you in favor of spaying and neutering pets? if No please explain why.
16. personal reference: name, address, phone #
17. are you currently employed? full or part time? How long at current employer. If unemployed, what is your source of income?
18. are you a college student? Full or part time?
19. are you familiar with your state, county license, leash and rabies laws?
20. are you aware that your new pet will need to visit your veterinarian within 72 hours after adoption for a check up?
21. are you aware that the animal you are adopting has not been examined by a veterinarian while here at our shelter? Some of our animals that have been given up by their owners may have vet records.
22. are you aware that the cost of spaying or neutering an animal can be very expensive?
23. are you willing and able to accept the financial responsibility that comes with adopting and owning this animal?
24. are you aware that the animal you are adopting may require periodic visits to a groomer?
25. are you aware that the animal you are adopting may need to be housebroken even if it has been housebroken during its stay here at our shelter?
26. are you or would you consider obedience training?
27. if the pet shows unpleasant behaviors would you consider putting the animal outdoors? if yes, how will the animal be confined?
28. have you ever adopted an animal from a shelter or rescue? where? when? what kind of pet?
29. have you ever surrendered an animal to a humane society or animal shelter? explain
30. are you in favor of outdoor homes for Dogs and for Cats?
31. do you have a fenced in yard? what type of fence do you have? how high is the fence?
32. what would, in your opinion , constitute a reason for not keeping the animal that you are interested in adopting?
33. what is the main reason for wanting to adopt the animal that you are applying for today?
34. Please list all other cats and dogs living in the house or on the propery but do not belong to you. LIst breed, age, pets name, gender, indoor or outdoor pet, spayed or neutered, veterinarians name and phone number, name of the pets owner.
35. adopted pets need an adjustment period. are you willing to give the new dog/cat a reasonable period of time to adjust to its new home?
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PLEASE SEND APPLICATION TO firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FIRST LETTER IN OUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS A LOWER CASE LETTER ( L )