found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Find a pet to adopt
My name is Tiffany - Only $85 adoption!!
Facts about Tiffany - Only $85 adoption!
- Breed: German Shepherd Dog Mix
- Color: Tricolor (Tan/Brown & Black & White)
- Age: Puppy
- Size: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
- Sex: Female
- ID#: A430462
Tiffany - Only $85 adoption!'s Info...
I am already spayed, in need of an experienced adopter, up to date with shots, good with dogs, and good with cats.
Tiffany was saved off the euthanasia list at one of the kill shelters. Safe Haven rescued the entire litter of 5 from the euthanasia list. I'm sad to say that I think these puppies were abused in their previous home. I say this because of the fact that they were absolutely terrified of people when we first got them. While some puppies may be a little apprehensive of new things, it is never anywhere near the level of fear that these poor babies displayed. Puppies this young usually have an innocence about them where they have not learned to be afraid of things. On top of that, 3 of the 5 puppies had hernias. Safe Haven has repaired their hernias & they are fine now, but hernias can be caused by a dog being kicked..... It upsets me to no end to think of what these poor babies went through.
The puppies were kept outside all the time in their previous home (poor babies), & are now learning what it means to be an inside dog & be treated like part of the family. Their foster family is doing a fantastic job with these little babies & they are showing them that they no longer have to fear people. The puppies are coming around & are slowly learning to trust people again. They will need to go to someone who is experienced with dogs & who will continue to work with them, will be patient & gentle with them, yet firm & consistent with their training. All these little babies want is someone to love them & treat them as part of the family!
Like all puppies, they will need a patient person who has time to teach them everything they need to know & continue to socialize them as they are only babies.
Tiffany is quiet, fearful, and shy. Little Tiffany needs someone who will be patient with her & give her some time to warm up to you &/or other pets.
This little lady loves playing in mud, LOL! If you catch her playing in mud she will look at you with cute little guilty eyes and then look down, as if she knew she did something wrong.
She is full of all that puppy energy & loves to play with her sisters & the other dogs in the home. Her energy level is good when she's alone with her sisters but when someone is around she will not get anywhere near, unless she's getting treats. When you approach her calling out her name she gets really excited, but is to afraid to come up to you. She so desperately wants to trust you & be loved, but she will not get any closer than two feet. Overall she's a very good dog but scared. A potential adopter should take her to dog parks to socialize her more once she is used to you. Again, she would need to go to someone who is experienced with dogs, someone who will continue to socialize her, & will be patient & gentle with her, yet be firm & consistent with her training.
Age/Birthday: Currently 5 months, B-day is 12-12-12
Weight at last Vet visit: 29 lbs ( We estimate that she will be between 60 - 70 lbs at 1 yr)
This dog/puppy is currently learning:
- Lay Down
- Ok (This is a command release)
- This way (when you are walking & change direction)
- Drop it
- Go lay down
- Up High (to stand on their hind legs)
- Outside? (if you say this & get a reaction, they need to go outside to go potty)
- Go potty
- To bark when s/he wants to come inside
- Good girl/boy
- Bad girl/boy
- Stand up
- Inside (to go in the crate)
(What each pet learns depends on the foster home they were placed in & how much time that foster has had to work with them)
Cats: She likes cats. Sniffs them first, licks them and tries to play with them. To CUTE!
Dogs: She'll sniff them from a few feet away but won't get any closer.
Kids: She is scared of kids and she will not get near them. She currently lives with kids the ages of 7 and 8.
Women: She is okay with women and likes when they give her treats. :-)
Men: She is afraid of men.
Potty Trained: Foster family has them on a schedule & takes them out every 2-3 hours, & they are doing good on that schedule.
Crate Trained: She is fearful of it. We are working with her on this.
Leash Trained: Unknown
Car: She just sits there quietly and looks around.
Other issues: Protective of her food with dogs & needs to be fed separately.
If you are adopting a puppy, all puppies chew. This can be easily managed with rawhide bones or chew toys to direct their behavior to something that is acceptable to chew on, using bitter apple spray on the things they are not allowed to chew on, & crating your puppy when you are unable to monitor them.
Adoption fee is only $85 & includes:
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Harness *
- Other surprise goodies from Safe Haven
- Free office visit to Vet or 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- Other coupons from Partners
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccs records, Vet records, Micro records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your new adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, we will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
If you are interested in adopting this pet, you must be willing to come to Phoenix, AZ to meet them.
Please e-mail for an application
After we receive your application, we will contact you so you can meet him/her.
ADOPTING A CAT OR DOG IS UP TO A 20 YEAR COMMITMENT! THEY ARE NOT OBJECTS THAT YOU CAN GET RID OF WHEN THEY BECOME INCONVENIENT. THEY ARE INNOCENT LIVING, BREATHING ANIMALS WITH FEELINGS THAT DEPEND ON YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF, LOVE, & PAY FOR EVERYTHING THIS PET NEEDS FOR UP TO 20 YEARS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR AN APPLICATION.
* Safe Haven STRONGLY believes that collars should only be used as decoration. A dog can slip out of collar. Which becomes a problem if your dog gets lost, or you are trying to restrain your dog, & it comes off. Also, attaching a leash to a collar puts pressure on the neck, which is one of the most sensitive areas of the body, & could hurt them. For these reasons, Safe Haven includes a harness with every dog adoption to ensure the safety of the dog, as a harness is more expensive than a collar & some adopters will not buy them for this reason. A harness distributes the weight on the chest & shoulders. It also has a handle on the back that you can grab if need be, without hurting your pet (EX: Dog falls off your boat, just grab the handle & pull your pet back in with no harm done. With a collar, you would have to strangle your dog when pulling your dog in). Also a dog cannot slip out of a harness, so it is much easier to restrain them & they will never loose their ID if they get lost.