found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
Find a pet to adopt
My name is Harley!
Facts about Harley
- Breed: Dalmatian/Great Dane Mix
- Color: White - With Black
- Age: Adult
- Size: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
- Sex: Male
- ID#: Harley
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, and good with dogs.
Meet Harley! He is a 4-year-old, 58-pound, stunning Dalmatian in search of a forever home. He was recently surrendered to a county shelter, but we can't understand why because he's an amazing dog! Harley likes other dogs - big and small. He is a very loving dog and enjoys lots of cuddles. He walks nicely on a leash and loves to sniff out the world around him! He greets children nicely and accepts friendly pets anytime!! Harley is great in the car too. He sits like a gentleman, but may try to make a pillow out of your lap if you sit with him. Harley is up-to-date on vaccinations, neutered, heartworm negative and on monthly prevention. If you would like to meet Harley fill out an application! He's a great dog and is going to make a lucky family very happy. Adoption fee: $75.
Apply online: www.pawsforliferescue.org
- Saturday, May 11: Kids Day in the Park Adoption Event at Clintonwood Park, Clarkston, from 10 am. to 2 p.m. Paws for Life will host a booth with adoptable pets and Spring Scentsy sale. An annual event in Clarkston, there's something for everyone. Activities include kite building, bubbles station, face painting, balloon animals, archery, soccer shoot, bounce houses, car display, fort building, football toss, bowling, bean bag toss, bonfire with smores, Project KidSight vision screening, arts & crafts and more. Concessions will be available for purchase. Clintonwood Park is 120 acres located north of Clarkston Rd and west of Sashabaw Rd.
- Sunday, October 20: Detroit Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Click here for more information. RSVP to email@example.com.
- Sunday, November 17: Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll Marathon. Paws for Life is raising money through the Las Vegas Rock 'n Roll marathon or half-marathon this Fall. Runners and walkers who raise enough money from sponsors and pledges will earn a free trip to Vegas, plus race registration fees covered. Click here for more information. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adoption and Foster Care Application: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDFIYXdMYUdlVXEwT0l4cGpOM2lhSHc6MQ
NOTE ABOUT BREED LABELING: Visual breed identification of dogs is unreliable and usually inaccurate. So, for most of our adoptable dogs, we are only guessing at predominant breed or breed mix. We get to know each dog as an individual and will do our best to describe each of our dogs based on personality, not by breed label.
Why is labeling a dog such a big deal? A label will stick with a dog for the rest of its life. A label can mean discrimination, losing its home or even death. Labels are a problem for the dogs when we, as the local experts on animals, allow adopters, politicians and community members to think that the label we assign can predict who that dog is or will be.
Complete the application at the link above or send an email to email@example.com to tell us which pet you're interested in and we'll send you a questionnaire that will help us make the best match for you and your new pet. We then arrange a location, date and time for you to meet some pets. If the meeting goes well and everyone is happy, you begin the mandatory, minimum two-week adjustment period with the pet as part of your family. You will pay the non-refundable adoption fee at the start of the two-week adjustment period. This pending period allows your new dog or cat time to adjust to their new home, new people, new routine, etc., and for you to decide if it's a match and the right pet for you. At the end of two weeks (some people extend the adjustment time as needed and that's fine too), if everyone is happy, then we finalize the adoption. Feel free to email if you have any questions.