found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already spayed, housetrained, up to date with shots, and good with dogs.
Foster mom took me to see Dr. Dale on Thursday and he had all kinds of things to say about me. I thought I would share them with everyone since my new home would have to think about some of these things before they pick me, only because ….. well, you will see……
First of all, I have cataracts. I can still see really well actually and Dr. did not think it was anything that needed to be addressed at this time. I do have a hard time with things like steps that are right at my eye level, I have to take a running leap it seems to get over it. I seem to see things at other levels just fine so I can deal with problems at my eye level. I mean hey, after all, I am new here and I haven't ran into a single thing yet, just that one darn stair to go to the back yard...
Second, I have some degenerative joint disease in my right hip. Now what does that mean? Well it means that where my ball and socket meet, my bones are kind of a mess and don't move the way they should. So sometimes I carry that leg instead of walking on it. I asked Dr. Dale if he could do anything for me and he said that as long as we can manage the pain with meds, which I already do great with, and as long as I use that leg sometimes, he doesn't recommend surgery. And of course, I am a little older too and that whole surgery thing just doesn't sound so good to me anyway. Because of my meds, I need to see my vet every 6 months for blood work, just to make sure everything is good to go. J
Third, I have some knee problems in my rear left knee. In a way, my hip is causing this because sometimes I only use my one leg, but not very often. Again Dr. Dale said it wasn't bad enough to need surgery right now and I am doing great on my pain meds so we are going to leave it alone. Will I need surgery someday? Maybe, maybe not, it all depends on what happens in the future.
Forth, I need my teeth cleaned. They really are not that bad but hey its gotta be done so we will schedule that very soon. He does not think I will lose many, if any at all! Yay me!!!
Fifth, (I know its kind of a long list, but hey, if you wanna be my new mom or dad you really should know EVERYTHING) I have a mildly collapsing trachea. Now really, this is not a big deal as long as we can both agree that when I go for walks I don't wear a collar. If you could just please get me a harness to wear, then my trachea will not get worse and we can go for walks. So all is great!! Sometimes tho, because of this, I kind of wheeze when I'm snoozin’. Let’s just think of it like you snoring, if you snore, I wheeze. I think we would make a great team!!
That's about all Dr. Dale had to say. I do have a few things, kind of my “Top 5 Wants” that I would like you to know about me, ya’ know, since were being upfront here. J
1. I really do not like being alone :-( It makes me anxious and sad so I bark and pace a lot when I am all by myself. It doesn't matter if I have fur buddies here or not, I like my people. Keep in mind this also includes if you close the door to go to bed and leave me behind :-( Being lonely is well……. lonely!!
2. I am already house trained! Yeppers, see I’m a big girl and 10 years old, so I have that down to a science J
3. I don't really like to share, I mean its ok and all, but I like my food to myself and I really do not like to share it with others at all. Matter of fact, if I could be your only pup, that would be even better!! Then I could have you to myself and you would have me to yourself! See, it’s a win, win situation!! J
4. I am already spayed, up to date on my shots and I even have a micro chip! The microchip is really important because I can't wear a collar :)
5. Last, but Not least, I need someone who will love me for who I am.