About Our Rescue Group...
Treat ‘Em Right Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of the American Pit Bull Terrier and other “bully” breeds. We aim to place these dogs in loving forever-homes where they will be cared for as a member of the family.
Through education and advocacy initiatives, we believe that we can restore the reputation of a breed that was once America’s favorite dog.
Our Adoption Process...
1. Be at least 21 years old.
2. Live in the Texas area.
Or, be willing to drive here to meet in person. We do not ship dogs or puppies.
3. Fill out an application.
4. Have good vet references.
5. Agree to training classes.
6. Must own or have landlord approval. Yes, we'll check.
If you live in an apartment please check with your management about breed restrictions before you apply. Most apartment complexes have breed restriction policies.
7. Be interviewed by one of our volunteers.
8. Show that you have a clear understanding of the breed.
9. Agree to a home check before and after adoption.
10. Everyone in your household needs to be ready for the adoption and MUST be present at the time of meeting the dog/puppy.
11. Pay an adoption donation fee.
12. Sign a legally binding adoption contract.
Our adoption fees are:
$250.00 for puppies under 6 months
$200.00 for puppies and dogs over 6 months
(The adoption fee covers the cost of spay/neuter, vaccinations, worming, and microchipping.)