About Our Rescue Group...
We are a small all volunteer foster home based rescue that does all we can to save dogs and cat's lives and give them the best quality of loving lives they can have. We do this because we do not believe any animal should be put to sleep for being stray, homeless or dumped at no fault of their own. We Love Dogs... and Rescue is our favorite breed!
Our primary concern is for the safety of the animals that have come into our care therefore we require an adoption application, references, proof of identity and home ownership or landlord permission to own pets, and a home visits prior to adoption approval. Once approved a meet and greet with dog can be scheduled. Since dogs are in various private homes the meet & greets are always at a public place during daylight hours. This allows for dogs to be more relaxed and gives volunteers and their families the privacy and security they need. At the Meet and greet we ask you to bring all family members who live in your home, this includes humans and other pets.
One of our volunteers will facilitate the safest and best way to introduce your current animals to you, your children and the dog you wish to adopt. Please make sure your current animals are on a 6 foot lead for this meeting. ( NO flex-leashes)
If all goes well at the meeting and all involved wish to proceed with the adoption, you will be asked to sign an adoption contract, and donate towards ‘part' of the cost of saving, transporting, vetting, training and caring for your pet. the actual cost to rescue and vet dogs is usually way more then the adoption donation.
All our dogs are vet checked, given flea baths, medicines or treatments for any illnesses, injuries etc , are given heart worm and parasite tests and treatments, spayed, neutered, micro-chipped and vaccinated, The only time one of our dogs is not given the above is because our vet deems it not advisable due to pets age or other medical condition.
Our shelter champions are to be adopted as indoor companions & family members only. It is our hope that they will receive the same love you would have for your closest family member. We give adopters tips and guides on how to climate and train their new dog info a smooth transition and are available for the life of the dog to offer lay- non-professional suggestions or in the event you could no longer care for the dog you adopt, the dog would come back to us for rehoming.
Please be patient with us, we are 100% volunteer, have no shelter building or office, all dogs live with a volunteer family (foster) home, We have a lot going on including full time work, kids, elderly parents to care for, and getting dogs out of shelters or dangerous situations is #1 priority! We do our best to get back to all inquiries in a timely fashion, But it can take several days or longer for a response, due to volunteer's work hours, emergency family or rescue-dog situations, etc -
WHEN emailing YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION IT IS IMPORTANT that you fill out the Subject of e-message with the following: your name, dogs name and the words “completed adoption application” this is especially important if you are sending from staples or someone else's computer. And ALWAYS CC the application to yourself if using a public library or staples etc in case email doesn't come thru to us you can go home and resend the now attached application from your inbox.
So please, be patient but If you don’t hear back from us in a 24-48 hour timeframe email us again, also sometimes inquiries are overlooked or go to spam by mistake…. so please feel free to check back with us
Our Adoption Process...
Here's how the adoption process works:
1. Look at our available dogs, click on the link for more details about this pet.
2. Read the description of the pet including it's personality, size, energy level, age, if dog is good with children, other dogs, cats etc.. view all the photos of the pet on it's description page.
3. If you think you might be the kind of person/family that can best meet this dogs needs then click the link for more information/adoption.
4. Click link for adoption application, it will direct you to a form hosting page.
5. Print out the adoption application PDF form and Fill out completely (remember we are volunteers here with time limitations therefore we can not process incomplete forms, any forms not thoroughly filled out will be discarded.)
6. Submit your fully completed adoption application by email along with required proof of pet policy or home ownership documents as described on application.
7. A Rescue volunteer will contact you by phone or e-mail (this may take a few days or longer)
8. We will review and verify application information, interview &/or call your Veterinarian, references and by any other reasonable means necessary to check validity of information and suitability for adoption approval.
9. In some cases a rescue volunteer will contact you again by phone or e-mail to clarify findings etc.
10. A volunteer may then schedule a visit your home, meet you and your family, room-mates, existing pets, check out your home, yard, condition of fencing, dog run, go over any safety concerns regarding young children, other pets, conditions etc.
11. The adoptions committee will further review and consider all of the above.
12. If the adoptions committee agrees that it is likely that you and the dog of your choice might be the right fit they will then set up a meet and greet with your potential new family member. (entire household/family and all existing pets must come to meet/greet)
13. If committee decides you maybe a good match for the dog you have chosen, you will get email announcing the news that you may soon have a brand new family member!
14. Adoption fee is paid in full & varies with dog based on breed, age, training, transport, etc (fees must be paid in full prior to adoption)
15. Adopter and family finalize adoption and take home their new family member!
Note: All applications are read, verified and reviewed by adoption committee. Filling out an application does not imply you will be approved to adopt a dog. We reserve the right to decline any application for any reason without explanation. Please understand that we are only looking out for the best interested of you, your family and the dogs.
Please be advised if you are approved to adopt from us and if for any reason after adopting you are unable to keep the dog or meet the terms of adoption contract dog must be relinquished to rescue. Under no circumstances are adopters permitted to take dog to a shelter, humane association, sell to a laboratory, let run at large, abandon, neglect, beat, hit, deliberately injure, starve, give away, sell, trade, use for fighting, guard duty, or any other inhumane or illegal activity. In addition adopter is prohibited from putting dog on Craigslist, Facebook or on any other classifieds or public forum in effort to re-home dog. Rescue retains right to visit dog, conduct welfare inquiries, contact veterinarian, animal control etc for entire life of dog to ensure dog is being loved, vetted and cared for as agreed in adoption contract. Dog MUST be returned to rescue if you can no longer keep dog, NO EXCEPTIONS.