found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already spayed, housetrained, in need of an experienced adopter, up to date with shots, good with dogs, and good with cats.
I am the complete package – both beauty and brains! Not only am I absolutely adorable, but I’m super smart too! I’ve been working with an awesome trainer that is fostering me right now and she has taught me all sorts of new things! I know all of the basic commands, including “heel, sit, down, stay, off, leave it, and come,” and I walk wonderfully on leash. I enjoy learning with positive reinforcement and love activity. I am an extremely loyal girl and make a great snuggle buddy at the end of a long day. With my trainer, I’ve been exposed to all sorts of places and things….she takes me on shopping trips, to events, and on hikes and walks to new places all the time. I love meeting new people and am well socialized, adapting well in all sorts of environments. I enjoy playing fetch, chewing on nylabones, and just being with ‘my human’. I am NOT food aggressive or toy aggressive, am house broken and crate trained, don’t bark much at all, and am a well-balanced girl.
With all that being said, I think I would be happiest in a home and with a person that:
1) Is knowledgeable and familiar with bully breeds like me
2) Knows how to or is willing to learn how to handle a naturally protective dog – I LOVE people and have never met a stranger, but I am “on guard” when an unfamiliar person arrives in my home. It’s no big deal….my trainer has worked with me on this. There are just a few simple steps that my new person will have to take to properly introduce me to unfamiliar people that come to our house, then all is well!
3) I love cats and dogs too, though I prefer dogs that are my size are larger. Of course if you have a dog I would want to meet them before you adopted me to make sure we could be good friends.
4) I would prefer a home that doesn’t have small children.
5) I like activity and need a person that enjoys an active lifestyle like I do! I need a human that can take me on regular walks, play games with me, and maintain my training so I don’t forget all the great things my trainer/foster mom has taught me!
I am current on all my vaccinations, am heartworm tested, am current on heartworm and flea/tick preventative, am spayed and microchipped. My rescue, TWHRA, is open to out of state adoptions if they feel the applicant is a good fit for me, and it is within a distance in which arrangements to do a ‘home visit’ can be made. TWHRA is also open to 'foster to adopt' arrangements, allowing the applicant to foster me for a 2 week trial to determine if it's a good match before adoption is finalized. My adoption donation is $125 to help defray the cost of my vetting. To learn more about me, or for an adoption application, please email Sarah at email@example.com . I have all sorts of love to give and I promise you won’t be disappointed if you make me a member of your family! Thank you for your interest in a rescue dog like me!