About Our Rescue Group...
Lulu’s Locker Rescue is a nonprofit, volunteer-run companion animal rescue working to bring to light the plight of black cats and dogs in shelters as well as the misconceptions surrounding FIV cats. We aim to lower the euthanasia rate of these animals by educating the public and providing foster care as we seek out permanent homes. We are committed to the protection of the misjudged and wrongly stereotyped through compassion and respect, which we believe both animals and human beings deserve.
We are based out of Frankfort, IL, and rescue cats and dogs in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
Our Adoption Process...
We encourage potential adopters to ask friends, family, and Lulu’s Locker about companion animal experiences in their lives. We want to ensure the animal we adopt to you fits well in your home environment. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about long-term animal care prior to adopting! Please contact us via email LulusLocker@gmail.com or phone 708-325-8581.
Everything we do is for the animals in our care, and is aimed at giving them the best possible chance of finding a permanent home.
- Fill out this online Adoption Application to get the process rolling! Copy and paste this URL into your browser --> https://novisurvey.net/n/zzfi0.aspx
- Once your Application is completed, you will have a phone conversation with an adoption counselor.
- Once you’ve been approved, s/he will fill you in on the personalities, history, and behavior of the animals to allow you to make the best choice possible for your living situation. You can ask your counselor any questions you have regarding health, behavior, and long-term care.
- You and all members of your household will then be invited to visit the foster home or boarding facility where the animal is currently living. If you decide adoption is right for you, you will be asked to sign an adoption contract and pay an adoption fee which covers the spay/neuter, wellness exam, vaccinations, microchip, and heartworm test (dogs only).
- Animals are subject to a home visit prior to completion of the adoption process.
- You will ALWAYS have continued support from Lulu’s Locker after your adoption! We invite you to contact us at any time with questions or concerns!
THANKS FOR CHOOSING ADOPTION!