Password Safety Guidelines
- Do not give your password to anyone! Adopt-a-Pet.com will never ask for your password, ever.
- Change your password regularly. You can change your password by going to https://www.adoptapet.com/account/forgot_passwd. For security purposes, this will send a one-time link to your email address on file, which will allow you to reset your password.
- Do not use the same password that you use on other sites like email, online shopping, etc.
- When choosing a new password, try to use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters (i.e., %,@,+,#, etc.).
- If you use a shared computer, make sure you log out when you are done working on the site.
Scammers and Phishing
Scammers are everywhere on the internet, and they like to try and trick people into giving up their important account information. Here are a few things you can check to be sure your account information stays safe.
- Emails from Adopt-a-Pet.com will always come from email@example.com.
- Adopt-a-Pet.com will never ask you for your password or other sensitive information.
- Changes to your account should always be made on www.adoptapet.com. Make sure you look for the lock in your browser's address bar when you login, indicating that you are on our secure site.
- If you do receive an email that you are not sure came from us, please use the Shelter Feedback form on our site, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Phishing and online scams, please visit StaySafeOnline.org