Retriever (Unknown Type) / Mixed Breed (Medium)
A Post Office Box 367, Seagoville, TX 75159 rescue helping to find loving homes for Dogs, Cats.
1 - 20 of 128 Adoptable Pets at This Shelter
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding suburbs - Texas
Oak Hill Animal Rescue – Adoption Process
• Be at least 18 years of age with the responsibility of maintaining a household (no full time students)
• Have proof of current address and picture identification (driver’s license preferred)
• Have the consent and knowledge of all adults living in the household to adopt a pet
• Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide for the training, medical treatment and recommended veterinary care for the pet
• Have the resources to make a nonrefundable donation
• Agree to consider the pet as a member of the family and provide indoor shelter
• Understand that these pets are rescued from the streets and we cannot guarantee the health of the pet. They have all been to a veterinarian for vaccinations and testing, and require spaying and neutering prior to adoption.
• Place personal ID on the animal as soon as possible. We microchip and register all rescued animals.
• Provide an environment for the animal that keeps it safe and secure
• Complete an application, allow a home visit and reference checks
Renters: If you rent or lease your home, we require a copy of the pet deposit receipt from the landlord or apartment complex prior to adoption.
• The adoption fees vary and are shown on each pet's bio on their cage. All adopted pets will come with medical records, vaccination records, be spayed or neutered and micro-chipped.
• We spend over $200 on each pet, which includes medical care, boarding and food. Your donation is not to pay for the medical care on the animal you are adopting; previous donations covered those costs. Your adoption fee allows us to continue our rescue and adoption efforts and is therefore is not refundable.Adoption saves lives. Please consider a rescue pet before buying from a breeder or pet store. Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA. If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Under-age children: Oak Hill Animal Rescue, Inc. reserves the right to deny any application when the age of the children in the household is inappropriate to the age or size of the pet being adopted.Unaltered dogs or cats existing in the household: Oak Hill Animal Rescue, Inc. requires all pets in the adopting household be spayed or neutered, or the application will be denied.
Jim & Bettye Baker have been rescuing dogs and cats for many years and finally achieved 501(c)3 status. We bought 9 acres and built a building for this purpose and began a partnership with another local rescue that has storefront space donated to them in North Dallas. We pull dogs and cats from local city shelters after their adoption time has expired, get them vetted and chipped and offer them for adoption every weekend. PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE WWW.OHAR.ORG and see all our adoptable dogs and cats.
Oak Hill Animal Rescue, Inc. Weekly Adoption Venue Rockwall Crossing (next to TJMaxx & Famous Footwear) 931 East Interstate Highway 30 Rockwall, TX 75087 972 722 5333 Saturdays and Sundays Noon to 4:30PM