A PO Box 57, Crane, MO 65633 rescue helping to find loving homes for dogs, cats.
This rescue hasn't posted any pets that match these criteria.
Dogs Deserve Better is a nationwide organization. This office serves Springfield, MO and surrounding areas. We certainly will make every effort to go half way between us and the next closest Dogs Deserve Better Rescue to cover as much area as possible.
Dogs Deserve Better is a nonprofit organization dedicated to freeing the chained dog, and bringing our 'best friend' into the home and family.
We are a chained dog and penned dog education, legislation, and rescue 501c3 nonprofit group. We are based in PA, but now have reps all over the country. We are working to change laws and educate society that it's not OK to live chained or penned. Dogs long to be part of the family, they are not lawn ornaments, they are living beings deserving of love and respect.
For the latest news articles please visit our website Dogs Deserve Better.
Dogs Deserve Better would love to have you as a volunteer in the Springfield area.
Where do your strengths lie? Do you have a passion for helping these dogs? Do you have a dog in the community living this way, and need to do something about it? Let us know what you'd like to do to help. Area reps are available to answer your questions and advise you as to how you can help in the community.
Here are some concrete ways to make a difference TODAY:
1. Get brochures and put them out in your area, vets offices, restaurants, travel plazas, feed stores and pet shops.
2. Work to change laws. Very important! Sign up to be notified when County and City board meetings are to be held. Making an appearance and showing support for stronger laws in the Community is essential.
3. Print and hang our 11x17 posters or flyers and hang them all around your town, grocery stores, laundromats, telephone poles.in your neighborhood.
4. Get donations or negotiate a free billboard in your local area with our 2004 billboard design.
5. Volunteer for tabling events.
6. Become a Foster Parent!
7. Provide "home checks" for other Foster Parents.
8. If you are already involved in a youth group or have access to speaking in classrooms or libraries, please contact Kathaleen Glasgow Shannon to set-up a presentation to help education our younger citizens about the detriments of chaining dogs in our community.
Please send donations to the address listed above.