Rhodie's Rescue

A PO Box 433, Knightsen, CA 94548 rescue helping to find loving homes for dogs.

Pets at Rhodie's Rescue

  • Any
  • Dogs
  • Any
  • Baby
  • Puppy
  • Kitten
  • Young
  • Adult
  • Senior
  • Any
  • Male
  • Female

Legolas

Male, Young
Terrier (Unknown Type, Small) / Whippet

Rover

Male, Young
American Pit Bull Terrier / Basset Hound

Chewy

Male, Adult
American Staffordshire Terrier / American Pit Bull Terrier

Sara

Female, Adult
German Shepherd Dog / Golden Retriever

Page 1 of 1

1 - 4 of 4 Adoptable Pets at This Shelter

Areas Rhodie's Rescue Serves

Brentwood, Oakley, Antioch, Concord, Martinez, Discovery Bay, Byron, Tracy, Stockton, Rio Vista, Lodi, Lathrop, Mountain House, Manteca, Modesto.
Contra Costa County, San Joaquin County, Stanislous County.

Rhodie's Rescue's Adoption Process

Adoption Process
We're so happy that you've come to Rhodie’s Rescue in search of your new pet! We have some amazing dogs ready to find their forever homes. Below is an outline of how our application process works:
1. Visit one of our adoption events to meet our dogs and complete on application. (You may complete and submit an application by email or through our website prior to your visit if you wish to speed up the process!)
2. You will meet with an adoption team leader who will introduce you to our dogs and answer any questions you might have. You can spend a little time visiting and interacting with the dogs of your choice.
3. If you find a dog that you think would be a perfect fit for you (and your family), you can submit an application to adopt your new friend! Our adoption team leaders will help to determine if the dog is a good match for your family.
A few things to note:
• All members of the family will need to meet your potential new pup. We want to make sure it's a good fit for everyone!
• You must be 21 years or older to adopt. Please bring a valid form of I.D.
• We do not adopt on a first come-first serve basis. We place our dogs with the best suited families according to their needs and personalities.
• You will be asked to provide pictures of your backyard, and places where the dog will eat and sleep. Some dogs may require a home visit prior to adoption.
• If you are renting, you will need to provide a copy of your lease agreement that states you are allowed to have a dog(s) and the duration of your lease.
• If you are planning on adopting a dog and already have a dog at home, we will ask that you either bring your dogs to our adoption venue to meet your potential new dog, or schedule an appointment to do a meet and greet with him/her at your home.
• The adoption fee includes a routine veterinarian examination, spay/neuter, microchip, current vaccinations, deworming/parasite preventative*
*Due to costs, Rhodie’s does not do heart worm testing nor heart worm prevention, and we only run fecal tests on animals showing symptoms of a parasitic infection. Each animal is given a preventative dewormer that it is ~98% effective. The odds are unlikely that your animal came into our rescue with a parasite and is one of the 2% of cases not resolved by the initial dewormer, but you may wish to talk to your vet about running an easy & inexpensive fecal test at your initial check up if you have concerns.


Rhodie’s Rescue Adoption Policies:
You must be 21 years or older to adopt. Please bring a valid form of I.D.
All members of the family must be present in order to adopt. We want to make sure it's a good fit for everyone!
Applications must be completed and approved for each dog prior to adopting.
You must provide pictures of your backyard (including fences, gates and latches) along with the areas will the dog will eat and sleep. Some dogs may require a home visit prior to adoption.
If you are planning on adopting a dog and already have an existing dog, we ask that you leave them at home when attending our adoption event. Once you're application has been approved to adopt a specific dog, you can schedule an appointment for a meet and greet at your home with your potential new pet.
Renters must provide a copy of their lease (including pet policy).
Homeowners should know if their home insurance policy has breed restrictions/exclusions, and be familiar with any HOA by-laws regarding dogs.
Townhome/Condominium owners should be familiar with their HOA by-laws, including restricted breeds, weight limits, and maximum number of pets allowed.
All dogs will be spayed/neutered, vaccinated, microchipped prior to adoption. We make our best effort to treat any medical conditions deemed necessary, unless it is out of our financial reach or not in the best interest of the dog at the time. At which point we will disclose and discuss any known medical issues or conditions that will need to be addressed with the potential adopter prior to adoption.
Most of our dogs are rescued from shelters or neglectful situations and we have either limited or no knowledge of their health background or behavioral background. Although we have our dogs checked by veterinarians, and we do our best to evaluate and determine any behavioral issues, we cannot guarantee the dog you adopt will be free of any current or future health or behavioral problems.
Adopters must be willing to allow a Rhodie’s representative to make a follow-up contact, either in person or by phone.
If at any time you are unable to keep the pet or offer it proper care, it must be offered back to Rhodie’s before alternate arrangements are made.
If approved, an applicant must sign a contract to adopt a dog which outlines the responsibilities of the rescue and the adopter. This contract is legally binding.
If any information provided by the adopter is found to be false, misleading or purposefully omitted, on either the application or during interview with Rhodie’s Representatives, will be cause for denial of adoption and/or removal of the dog from your home, regardless of when or how the information was discovered.

About Rhodie's Rescue

ABOUT US:

Rhodie’s Rescue is a 501c3 non-profit organization based out of East Contra Costa County. Our main focus is on rescuing, rehabilitating, and ensuring permanent placement of dogs from the high kill shelters in Contra Costa County, and in the lesser served areas of San Juaquin and Stanislaus counties. When possible, we provide community support with neglected and/or abandoned dogs.
Rhodie’s has no paid employees and is completely staffed by volunteers who love dogs, each with varying levels of experience in dog rescue, but all whom are committed and dedicated to their welfare.
Rhodie’s is a foster based rescue which means we do not have a shelter to house our dogs. All of our rescued dogs live in foster homes where they are lovingly cared for and nurtured by their foster families until they are adopted into their forever homes.
Rhodie’s is solely funded by donations from the public. We receive no government subsidies or assistance. All donations made to Rhodie’s Rescue are tax deductible.

OUR GOALS:

*To help reduce the overcrowding of pets in our local shelters and thus reduce the rates of euthanasia of adoptable dogs.
*To help end pet overpopulation through education of the public about spay/neuter of pets and the detriments of purchasing pets from backyard breeders.
* To help stop the abandonment of unwanted dogs on the streets of our communities.
*To help educate owners of the responsibilities of dog ownership.
*To help stop the needless suffering of dogs used for dog fighting and bait dogs.

OUR VISION:

For every dog to have a loving home

Come Meet Rhodie's Rescue's Pets

We hold our adoption events at two locations.

Tractor Supply Co on Brentwood Blvd in Brentwood Ca.
Petsmart on Lone Tree Way in Antioch Ca.

Please check our website for days and times.

It is always best to email prior to the event if you are interested in a particular dog, to confirm the day and location to visit the dog.

Rhodie's Rescue's Adopted Pets

See Adopted Pets List