Note: You can’t complete the application on a phone–please use a tablet or computer.
You Should Know
- Peaceful Paws does not adopt to families with children under 10 years of age. We will make exceptions only if the giant dog has lived with children (on average, our rescue takes in about 2 dogs a year who have lived with small children successfully).
- We rarely have puppies under 9 months of age in rescue. It happens occasionally but it is rare.
- We rarely (very rarely) adopt to renters because we know how difficult it is to find rentals that allow giant dogs.
- We do not accept or advocate the use of electronic fencing. We just can’t bring ourselves to knowingly cause pain to a dog.
Peaceful Paws asks for a donation at the time of adoption to help defray the many expenses of running a rescue, including administrative, medical, behavioral, general and emergency costs.
In return, we make sure the dog is spayed or neutered, heartworm tested, up to date on vaccinations and given a clean bill of health (or disclose any known issues). On average, we spend $350 or more on a dog in our program. Not sure how that can be? Check out our costs:
Cost to Vet a Foster Dog
- 12 months or younger – $400
- 12 months to 6 years of age – $350
- over 6 years of age – $250
What Can You Expect?
- Complete an application to adopt online.Or email us to have an application mailed to you.
- A volunteer will call you to talk to you about your expectations and explain how the adoption process works.
- Should both of you wish to proceed, we’ll either arrange to visit your home first or we’ll arrange for you to visit a dog that matches your family.
- Then we’ll switch that around, and either you’ll visit a dog that matches your family or we’ll arrange for a dog to visit your home.