Hello there! My name is Aneela, and I am looking for my new family. I’d like a family who loves to rub tummies (mine, in particular, is especially soft and available for petting), who has room in their hearts for a gorgeously shiny and sleek black girl like me, and who is generous with treats. I must confess, I’m a scaredy cat, and new things and people really do make me anxious, but if you give me time and take me for a nice calm walk, I’m soon all in for leans and scratches. I’m looking for a quiet home without rambunctious kids of any age, one who will pamper me like the queen I am.
I came in with my sister (Dutch) after we were dumped at the shelter. I was very scared, and I really relied on my sissie to make me feel safe. Now that I’m settling in to my new home, I spend most of my time away from her, hanging with our foster mom, chilling on the bed or couch. I especially like the very comfortable bed with fluffy pillows surrounding me.
I’m a dainty girl with winning ways. And I’m pretty awesome too—I’m housetrained, know sit, down and touch (nose to palm), I’m a big snuggler and love to wake up to belly rubs in the morning and some Eskimo kisses. Remember, email the rescue and ask for A-N-E-E-L-A (or they call me Queenie, too)
Aneela is 4 years old (DOB: 11/2013), spayed, up to date on vaccinations, and heartworm negative. A fenced yard is required for her.
Peaceful Paws has a simple adoption process, explained below.
First, You Should Know
1. Peaceful Paws does not adopt to families with children under 10 years of age.
2. We rarely have puppies under 9 months of age in rescue. It happens occasionally but it is rare.
3. We do not adopt to renters unless there are special circumstances.
4. We rarely have dogs who are highly social with people AND dogs AND cats.
Now, onto the process...
1. Complete an application to adopt online at www.peacefulpawsrescue.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have an application mailed to you.
2. A volunteer will call you to talk to you about your expectations and explain how the adoption process works.
3. Should both of you wish to proceed, we'll either arrange to visit your home first or we'll arrange for you to visit a dog that matches your family.
4. Then we'll switch that around, and either you'll visit a dog that matches your family or we'll arrange for a dog to visit your home.
During this time, we're available to answer any questions you may have.
Peaceful Paws asks for a donation at the time of adoption to help defray the many expenses of running a rescue, including administrative, medical, behavioral, general and emergency costs. In return, we make sure the dog is spayed or neutered, heartworm tested, up to date on vaccinations and given a clean bill of health (or disclose any known issues). On average, we spend $350 or more on a dog in our program.
6 months or younger - $400
6 months to 6 years of age - $350
over 6 years of age - $250