Gracie is a 9-10 year old Newfie mix that came to Peaceful Paws a few weeks ago. Her 97 year old owner had to go into a nursing home and Gracie found herself at the shelter.
She's a very happy-go-lucky girl who doesn't really seem to be upset by all of the recent changes in her life. She's settled in here very quickly. She loves people and is always ready to make a new friend. She's getting along nicely with her foster brother (mastiff) in the house but she gets overstimulated in the yard with quick movements. The squirrels around here are going to get a run for their money with this girl. She may be older but she is FAST.
Gracie is spayed and up to date on shots. She would do well in a home with another large dog or by herself. She gets too aroused to be placed with a small dog or a cat. She would be fine with older children.
If you have questions about our adoption policies and procedures, please go to our website at www.peacefulpawsrescue.org. Our adoption application is on our website as well. We are not a shelter and do not have a facility. You will not be able to meet any of our foster dogs until you've completed an application.
Peaceful Paws has a simple adoption process, explained below.
First, You Should Know
1. Peaceful Paws does not adopt to families with children under 10 years of age.
2. We rarely have puppies under 9 months of age in rescue. It happens occasionally but it is rare.
3. We do not adopt to renters unless there are special circumstances.
4. We rarely have dogs who are highly social with people AND dogs AND cats.
Now, onto the process...
1. Complete an application to adopt online at www.peacefulpawsrescue.org or email email@example.com to have an application mailed to you.
2. A volunteer will call you to talk to you about your expectations and explain how the adoption process works.
3. Should both of you wish to proceed, we'll either arrange to visit your home first or we'll arrange for you to visit a dog that matches your family.
4. Then we'll switch that around, and either you'll visit a dog that matches your family or we'll arrange for a dog to visit your home.
During this time, we're available to answer any questions you may have.
Peaceful Paws asks for a donation at the time of adoption to help defray the many expenses of running a rescue, including administrative, medical, behavioral, general and emergency costs. In return, we make sure the dog is spayed or neutered, heartworm tested, up to date on vaccinations and given a clean bill of health (or disclose any known issues). On average, we spend $350 or more on a dog in our program.
6 months or younger - $400
6 months to 6 years of age - $350
over 6 years of age - $250