Hi! Hi Hi I'm Gracie!!!! I'm so happy to meet you, and you and, well, everyone! I'm a 9 yr old Belgian shepherd mix who landed in rescue when my 97 yr old mom had to go in a nursing home. But I landed in a nice foster home, so I'm adjusting well. I really like people so much--every visitor is a new friend. I'm currently living with a mastiff boy and we're fine but I'd really rather just be with my people., and their people, and any person.
I'm a very happy-go-lucky girl. While I am a bit older, you better believe I can MOVE when I've got reason--I love to chase squirrels and small animals, pretty much anything that moves fast.
Gracie is spayed and up to date on shots. She would love an active home without another dog. She gets too aroused to be placed with a small dog or a cat. She would be fine with older children.
If you have questions about our adoption policies and procedures, please go to our website at www.peacefulpawsrescue.org. Our adoption application is on our website as well. We are not a shelter and do not have a facility. You will not be able to meet any of our foster dogs until you've completed an application.
Peaceful Paws has a simple adoption process, explained below.
First, You Should Know
1. Peaceful Paws does not adopt to families with children under 10 years of age.
2. We rarely have puppies under 9 months of age in rescue. It happens occasionally but it is rare.
3. We do not adopt to renters unless there are special circumstances.
4. We rarely have dogs who are highly social with people AND dogs AND cats.
Now, onto the process...
1. Complete an application to adopt online at www.peacefulpawsrescue.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have an application mailed to you.
2. A volunteer will call you to talk to you about your expectations and explain how the adoption process works.
3. Should both of you wish to proceed, we'll either arrange to visit your home first or we'll arrange for you to visit a dog that matches your family.
4. Then we'll switch that around, and either you'll visit a dog that matches your family or we'll arrange for a dog to visit your home.
During this time, we're available to answer any questions you may have.
Peaceful Paws asks for a donation at the time of adoption to help defray the many expenses of running a rescue, including administrative, medical, behavioral, general and emergency costs. In return, we make sure the dog is spayed or neutered, heartworm tested, up to date on vaccinations and given a clean bill of health (or disclose any known issues). On average, we spend $350 or more on a dog in our program.
6 months or younger - $400
6 months to 6 years of age - $350
over 6 years of age - $250