Hey there, Kirby here. I'm supposed to tell you all about me, but honestly, when they found me wandering down a local highway in NC, I couldn't even tell the shelter workers my name. I'm not shy, or pushy, I'm just right! My foster mom tells me I seriously need to lose a lot of weight but I think I'm fine the way I am. I do like my walks, though--so interesting to see what's going on in the 'hood!
I'm housetrained and affectionate. I make sure I'm not left out of any family doings, and can be found wherever my mom is. I like lounging on the couch, and I adored dinner time! I'm pretty content just to be by your side, and be part of your life.
My back end isn't as strong as it used to be, and I have about 30 more lbs to lose, but I'm pretty perfect.
Kirby is a 9 yr old neutered male great Dane who is up to date on his vaccines. At this time, he's not available for adoption, but he is on rimadyl and gabapentin daily, and his care costs will add up quickly. Please consider a donation to help defray Kirby's long term care costs. go to www.peacefulpawsrescue.org and firstname.lastname@example.org
Peaceful Paws has a simple adoption process, explained below.
First, You Should Know
1. Peaceful Paws does not adopt to families with children under 10 years of age.
2. We rarely have puppies under 9 months of age in rescue. It happens occasionally but it is rare.
3. We do not adopt to renters unless there are special circumstances.
4. We rarely have dogs who are highly social with people AND dogs AND cats.
Now, onto the process...
1. Complete an application to adopt online at www.peacefulpawsrescue.org or email email@example.com to have an application mailed to you.
2. A volunteer will call you to talk to you about your expectations and explain how the adoption process works.
3. Should both of you wish to proceed, we'll either arrange to visit your home first or we'll arrange for you to visit a dog that matches your family.
4. Then we'll switch that around, and either you'll visit a dog that matches your family or we'll arrange for a dog to visit your home.
During this time, we're available to answer any questions you may have.
Peaceful Paws asks for a donation at the time of adoption to help defray the many expenses of running a rescue, including administrative, medical, behavioral, general and emergency costs. In return, we make sure the dog is spayed or neutered, heartworm tested, up to date on vaccinations and given a clean bill of health (or disclose any known issues). On average, we spend $350 or more on a dog in our program.
6 months or younger - $400
6 months to 6 years of age - $350
over 6 years of age - $250