Come Meet Our Pets...
We hold adoption events at the following times and locations:
Saturdays from 1-4 at the Petco in Los Angeles located at 200 South La Brea Avenue (at 2nd and La Brea)
Every other Saturday from 1-4pm at the Petco in Santa Monica located at 2910 Wilshire Blvd (Wilshire and Yale)
Sundays from 1-4 at the Petco in Los Angeles located at 200 South La Brea Avenue (at 2nd and La Brea) except during the summer
Sundays from 2-5 at the Petco in Hollywood located at 5507 Hollywood Blvd (at Hollywood and Western)
Sundays from 2-5 at the Petco in Los Angeles located at 8161 Beverly Boulevard (at Beverly and La Jolla)
Every other Sunday from 9am-2pm at Paws and Whiskers Pet Spa on Main Street in Santa Monica
Please check the calendar on our website on Fridays to see which cats have RSVPed for our events. If you are interested in a specific cat who is not listed on the calendar, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange a meeting for you.
Our Adoption Process...
Here is our Adoption Process:
1. Submit an adoption application at www.thecatsmeowanimalrescue.org
2. If you have not yet met the cat(s) you wish to adopt, come to an adoption event or schedule a foster home visit to meet the cat(s). Please note that we cannot schedule any private foster home visits until you submit an application.
3. If your application is approved, we will contact you within a week to schedule a home visit. One of our experienced volunteers will stop by your home to ensure that you are able to provide a safe and nurturing environment for the cat. We may also provide tips for integrating the cat into your home environment.
4. We ask for a minimum tax-deductible donation* of $175.00 for each cat you adopt from us. Donations may be made online (via a secure PayPal transaction) or in-person via cash or check.
*Additional donations are highly encouraged, as they enable us to rescue another cat from the shelter or the streets. Because our organization is a non-profit run entirely by volunteers, we rely solely on donations to continue rescuing, rehabilitating, and rehoming abandoned and neglected cats.
5. We will have you sign an Adoption Agreement detailing the terms of the adoption at the time you collect your new kitty. You may view a copy of it on our website.
6. That’s it! You will communicate with the cat’s foster parents to coordinate pick-up. Please always transport your cat in a carrier for safety.
7. We will email or mail you a copy of your Adoption Agreement, a letter confirming your donation, and medical records and microchip information. This usually takes about 2 weeks.
In addition to receiving individualized medical care, we provide the following services to our cats: spay/neuter, microchip, testing for FELV/FIV, flea and dewormer treatments, and vaccinations.