About Animal Ark
About Our Shelter...
Animal Ark is a Minnesota-based animal welfare organization. We embrace and follow a no kill philosophy in our work to rescue, rehabilitate, & rehome 800 of Minnesota’s lost and homeless companion animals every year. Animal Ark Shelter, located in Hastings, Minnesota, operates as the heart of the rescue effort, while the Thrift Store in St. Paul provides an enjoyable shopping experience, crucial support for the shelter, and community involvement. Founded in 1977, Animal Ark is a 501(c) 3 non-profit Minnesota corporation.
Come Meet Our Pets...Animal Ark is open Tues-Fri Noon - 6:00 PM; Sat & Sun 11 AM - 5:00 PM. Closed Mondays.
Our Adoption Process...
• Come to the shelter during normal business hours.
• An adoption counselor will assist you in finding your new pet
• Fill out the adoption application and interview with the adoption counselor.
• Complete the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee.
• Take your new pet home… and spoil them for life!
• Adopters must be 18 years old with a valid picture I.D.
• If you lease or rent, we do require permission from your landlord or the primary resident prior to adoption. Animal Ark reserves the right to contact your landlord for verification.
• We do require an approved application for kittens and puppies before they can be seen. Also, all animals, regardless of age, will need to be spayed and neutered prior to adoption which means there will be a delay in the adoption of animals that have not had their surgery yet. However, an animal can be put on hold with payment in full so long as the adopter has an approved application, and has met the animal.
• We suggest bringing any family members or roommates who you’d like to meet the pet. If you are looking to adopt a dog please call ahead if you already have a resident dog so we can make arrangements for a meet n’ greet at our shelter.
• For animals in foster care: please inquire with our shelter and an adoption counselor will assist you in making the necessary arrangements to meet the animal.
• Download our Adoption Application, fill it out, and bring it with you when you come to the shelter. This will save time during the adoption process.
• We do not start the adoption process less than an hour before closing, so please plan accordingly.
• Dogs and puppies: $200-$450
• Adult Cats: $135
• Kittens: $155
• Senior Cats: $95
• Declawed Cats: $150
• Declawed Senior Cats: $110