Adopt true love from shelters, rescues, & private owners
The Medical Coordinator provides for the health care and well-being of Almost Home Cat Rescue MKE cats and works in partnership with the Animal Care Officer and Shelter Operations Manager.
- Assists with and performs intake exams and preventative treatments prior to program placement; assists with follow-up exams.
-Properly doses, administers, tracks, and documents medications and vaccinations
- Assists Animal Care Officer in determining the need for off-site veterinary care, referrals to vet specialists, and spay/neuter and other surgical procedures.
- Experience in a Veterinary / Companion Animal Medical environment
- Must have the ability to communicate directly and work with shelter staff when appropriate.
- Attention to detail and the ability to absorb and recall large amounts of information.
If you are interested in this position, please feel free to fill out an application here: https://www.almosthomemke.com/volunteer-application
Before you can help out with this opportunity, you'll need to sign up as a volunteer. Once you've done that, you'll be able to contact the shelter and express your interest helping out with this opportunity. You'll also be able to create a volunteer profile, which will let shelters and rescue groups in your area find volunteer opportunities that best match your skills and interests.
Volunteering is a great way to help pets in need and meet other caring humans like you!