My name is Brownie and I'm looking for a new home, because my mom had a bad accident and is no longer able to take care of me. I'm a very gentle, affectionate, and loving little girl, who enjoys spending all of my time quietly hanging out with my people. I'm usually very quiet; however, I do like to let people who are walking by our window know that they should be cautious of the large guard dog inside the house. I have lived with other dogs and done very well, but I'm quite honestly, not a dog who likes the rambunctious shenanigans of other dogs. My owner is my world! I am fine with children, even toddlers, but I'm so gentle in nature that I prefer children who will be respectful of my size and treat me gently. As you can see from my photos, I'm quite comfortable being a lap dog. I'm 5 years young and weigh 12 lbs. (I could slim up a little).
I am fully vetted, spayed, and have been trained to use a pee pad (as taking me outside was difficult for my previous owner). My foster mom is now training me to go outside for walks.
If you'd like to meet me, please contact WAGS Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org
We work hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member. We may suggest you bring your other pets to this meeting.
5. If the initial meeting goes well and both parties agree to move forward with the adoption, we will arrange for a home visit.
6. If, at the home visit, both parties agree that the home is good match for the adoptable pet, we will move forward with the adoption.
7. We ask the new family to have a crate, food, toys, treats, etc. ready before the animal is transferred to the home.
8. At the home visit we will review the Home Visit Checklist and Adoption Checklist, review and sign the adoption contract, collect the adoption fee ($200 for dogs, $75 for kittens, and $50 for cats) and take the Happy Tail photo.
9. We will collect the medical records for your adopted pet and send them to you. We will also provide information to you on how to register your pet's microchip.