My name is Diamond, because my finders think that I'm a "diamond in the rough". I am affectionate, fun-loving, playful, super smart, and an all-around good guy. My former owners didn't pay much attention to me, but my sponsor says that the bad part of my life is over and it's all going to be good sailing from now on. I'm working very steadily on my house-training (I'm almost 100% there) and just learned "sit" in 5 min. I'm also getting really good at "leave it". I love to play with toys. I get along very well with my K9 foster sibling and so far, haven't met any dogs that I don't like. I'll make the perfect partner for someone or a family looking for an active dog that will love to be an integral part of the family.
And on a special note, the rescue and I agree that I could use some additional training to become the best dog I can be. Thus, the rescue will sponsor a training session with a professional trainer, who can work with you to help me transition to my new home.
Age: 6 months
Weight: 30 lbs (expected between 45-60 lbs)
We work hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member. We may suggest you bring your other pets to this meeting.
5. If the initial meeting goes well and both parties agree to move forward with the adoption, we will arrange for a home visit.
6. If, at the home visit, both parties agree that the home is good match for the adoptable pet, we will move forward with the adoption.
7. We ask the new family to have a crate, food, toys, treats, etc. ready before the animal is transferred to the home.
8. At the home visit we will review the Home Visit Checklist and Adoption Checklist, review and sign the adoption contract, collect the adoption fee ($200 for dogs, $75 for kittens, and $50 for cats) and take the Happy Tail photo.
9. We will collect the medical records for your adopted pet and send them to you. We will also provide information to you on how to register your pet's microchip.