(This dog is in Houston, TX) Meet Jilly (short for Jillian). Jilly is what is known as an All-American mixed breed. Her DNA test showed that she has a little bit of everything, with nothing being predominant. She has some Husky, German Shepherd, Pit Bull, Chow, Boston Terrier, Rottie, Doberman, and Supermutt listed on her pedigree papers! Jilly is about 8.5 years old, but you'd never know it if you meet her. She has lots of spring in her step, loves to take walks, and enjoys a game of fetch. She's house-trained, crate-trained, and knows basic obedience commands. Jilly is the type of dog that loves to follow you around and is quite loyal to her owner. She prefers to concentrate all of her attention to her people, rather than have another dog around to distract her. Cats are not likely to be fans of Jilly's attention. Jilly's ideal home will be a home with one or two adult owners, who have a nice backyard for her to enjoy and call her own. She doesn't need a lot of exercise and if given exercise in the yard, doesn't need to go for extensive walks. If you're looking for a wonderful loyal companion, who is smart enough to learn lots of new tricks, won't ask a lot of you, and needs a modest amount of exercise, Jilly just may be your girl. Please contact: email@example.com if you'd like more information or would like to meet her.
Jilly is available for out-of-state adoption to a home with an ideal environment for her.
We work hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member. We may suggest you bring your other pets to this meeting.
5. If the initial meeting goes well and both parties agree to move forward with the adoption, we will arrange for a home visit.
6. If, at the home visit, both parties agree that the home is good match for the adoptable pet, we will move forward with the adoption.
7. We ask the new family to have a crate, food, toys, treats, etc. ready before the animal is transferred to the home.
8. At the home visit we will review the Home Visit Checklist and Adoption Checklist, review and sign the adoption contract, collect the adoption fee ($200 for dogs, $75 for kittens, and $50 for cats) and take the Happy Tail photo.
9. We will collect the medical records for your adopted pet and send them to you. We will also provide information to you on how to register your pet's microchip.