I am looking for my new bestie and a place to call home.
I am a dynamic, energetic fun loving boy who is just plain happy all of the time! My foster Mom says I am pure sunshine!! Kenney is my name and living, loving, playin’ and chillin’ is my thing. I’m not going to sugar coat it…. I had a really rough start in life. I was living on the streets and had a very, very bad case of mange. I had not one hair on my entire body. Some people didn’t recognize me as a yellow lab because most people have never seen a hairless lab before….I mean have you?? Through all of my difficulties I have never lost my zest for life. I’m like that penny you find that just needed to be shined.
I love to play with my foster siblings from the puppies to the seniors, both girls and boys. I’m a social guy. I don’t mind sharing my toys, my foster Mom or my house.
I have experienced a lot of firsts within the last year (since I left the streets), which have made my gray skies turn sunny and blue. Some of my favorites are: swimming and wading in the pool, learning to play fetch, toys, peanut butter, living inside, cookies, AC, growing a beautiful new coat, running really fast and doing zoomies, peanut butter and two square meals a day. I am a bit of a foodie, but not the picky kind…just the good kind. Did I say peanut butter yet?
I am a two year old with a lot of charm. When I’m not playing I love to follow my foster mom around. I adore cuddles, belly rubs and affection. I am a quick learner and very smart.
We work hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member. We may suggest you bring your other pets to this meeting.
5. If the initial meeting goes well and both parties agree to move forward with the adoption, we will arrange for a home visit.
6. If, at the home visit, both parties agree that the home is good match for the adoptable pet, we will move forward with the adoption.
7. We ask the new family to have a crate, food, toys, treats, etc. ready before the animal is transferred to the home.
8. At the home visit we will review the Home Visit Checklist and Adoption Checklist, review and sign the adoption contract, collect the adoption fee ($200 for dogs, $75 for kittens, and $50 for cats) and take the Happy Tail photo.
9. We will collect the medical records for your adopted pet and send them to you. We will also provide information to you on how to register your pet's microchip.