Well hello there! I'm Maddox and I'm pleased to meet you. I must say, I consider myself to be a "lucky dog". One day, I'm wandering the streets of Houston, without a home, and the next I know, I'm in a very nice home, with a lady who promised me that she will find me a forever home. Luck just seems to follow me and I'd be happy to bring that luck to your life, too. I'm 55 lbs and 2.5 yrs. old. I'm house-trained, crate-trained, and energetic. I have very good manners, both in and out of the house. In fact, right now, I'm being fostered by a very good professional trainer, so you know I'm learning every day. They tell me I'm a quick study. I'm very good with other dogs and my trainer uses me to help her get new dogs oriented and feeling more comfortable. I like people and am definitely a people-oriented guy. I also like car rides, because that's a bit of an adventure, too. I am good with other dogs, but I do appreciate a proper introduction. If you are looking for a fun, energetic, active dog, who enjoys taking walks, wouldn't mind learning how to be a running partner, and enjoys a little chill time, I just may be your guy! I'm fully vetted, neutered, microchipped, and have received a clean bill of health. If you'd like to meet me, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meet and greet. Thanks.
Age: 2.5 yrs
Weight: 50 lbs
Cats: probably not
Children: older children, not toddlers
In-state adoption fee is $200
Out-of-state adoption fee is $495 , includes carrier, transport, and health certificate
Adoption fee for Canadian destination is $550 (CD)
We work hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member. We may suggest you bring your other pets to this meeting.
5. If the initial meeting goes well and both parties agree to move forward with the adoption, we will arrange for a home visit.
6. If, at the home visit, both parties agree that the home is good match for the adoptable pet, we will move forward with the adoption.
7. We ask the new family to have a crate, food, toys, treats, etc. ready before the animal is transferred to the home.
8. At the home visit we will review the Home Visit Checklist and Adoption Checklist, review and sign the adoption contract, collect the adoption fee ($200 for dogs, $75 for kittens, and $50 for cats) and take the Happy Tail photo.
9. We will collect the medical records for your adopted pet and send them to you. We will also provide information to you on how to register your pet's microchip.