Introducing Sasha. Sasha is about 6 months old, 25 lbs, and wonderfully affectionate. Guesses are that she is a mix between cattle dog and shepherd, but you might try your hand at deciding on her breed. Sasha was pulled by WAGS Fund from the Harris County Shelter. She's a little shy at first, but she warms up quickly. She loves people, doesn't mind cats, and loves her foster canine sibling. She'll make a wonderful family pet. Her foster dad says that she is a perfect houseguest. Her house-training has been spot-on and she's already started working on commands. She walks very well on a leash. Sasha is very treat-motivated, so training is likely to be a breeze. Contact email@example.com for more information on how to meet her.
We work hard to find the perfect home for all the dogs and cats in our care. Listed below is the sequence of events that we go through to assure that our pets and our applicants are the perfect match for each other:
1. Fill out and return our adoption application form.
2. After receiving your application, we will verify with your vet the care on your current or previous animals.
3. We will contact you to discuss your current situation and which pet you are interested in adopting.
4. After discussion, we will arrange a time for you to meet your prospective new family member. We may suggest you bring your other pets to this meeting.
5. If the initial meeting goes well and both parties agree to move forward with the adoption, we will arrange for a home visit.
6. If, at the home visit, both parties agree that the home is good match for the adoptable pet, we will move forward with the adoption.
7. We ask the new family to have a crate, food, toys, treats, etc. ready before the animal is transferred to the home.
8. At the home visit we will review the Home Visit Checklist and Adoption Checklist, review and sign the adoption contract, collect the adoption fee ($200 for dogs, $75 for kittens, and $50 for cats) and take the Happy Tail photo.
9. We will collect the medical records for your adopted pet and send them to you. We will also provide information to you on how to register your pet's microchip.