Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
MCR adoption fees are:
• $200 - kittens spayed & neutered, $150 if too young to spay/neuter with Prepaid S/N Agreement
• $175 - adults 1 - 9 years
• $150 - seniors 10 years and older
• $150 - cats with special needs (any age)
• $150 – Purebred Maine Coon Senior (11 years and older)
• $250 – Purebred Maine Coon (adults 7 - 10 years)
• $300 – Purebred Maine Coon (adults 1 - 6 years)
• $350 – Purebred Maine Coon kitten
• $200 – Purebred Maine Coon without papers (adults 7 – 10 years)
• $250 – Purebred Maine Coon without papers (adults 1 - 6 years)
• $125 – NON Maine Coon (any age)
**We can arrange transport within a reasonable distance for an additional fee.
Adoption fees assist us with shelter fees, testing and vet expenses. It is because of fees that MCR is able to continue with our rescue work.
This usually covers shots, neutering, vet visits and tests,and cost of foster care. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a cat or kitten versus getting cats for sale or kittens for sale from a cat breeder? When someone is breeding kittens, they are creating new cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of cat or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a cat for sale from a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a cat or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.