League for Animal Welfare
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
4193 Taylor Road
Batavia, OH 45103
Pets at Our Shelter:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:The Greater Cincinnati area, including Clermont, Hamilton and Brown Counties as well as Northern Kentucky.
About Our Shelter:Our mission is to better the lives of cats and dogs in the Greater Cincinnati area. We provide our animals with loving care and shelter until we match them with their home. We promote responsible pet ownership through public education and spay/neuter programs. We are a privately funded, non-profit, no-kill organization.
Donate to Our Shelter...https://secure.pledgeconnect.com/donation.aspx?lfaw
Come Meet our Pets:The League is located in Batavia, Ohio just a few miles east of the Eastgate mall.
From I-275 Exit at Batavia Rt. 32 exit, go east on Rt. 32 for approximately 3 miles (past the car dealers and The Tractor Supply Company)
At the third stoplight, take a right on Old 74 (there will be a Speedway on the corner)
Follow Old 74 to Armstrong Rd. and turn right onto Armstrong
Follow Armstrong until the road ends at Taylor. (about 3/4 mile)
Turn Left onto Taylor Rd. and we are located on the Right about 1/4 mile down.
Our hours are:
Tuesday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday: 2:00pm to 7:00pm
Friday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Closed on all major holidays.
Our Adoption Process:Prior to adoption, all cats and dogs are given the proper vaccinations and are spayed or neutered. Our adoption fees include these expenses and are a tax-deductible donation to The League For Animal Welfare. All cats are tested for feline leukemia and FIV; all dogs are tested for heartworm; and all necessary vaccinations are given before animals are adopted into loving homes.
Adoptions must be completed at our shelter in Batavia, Ohio.
• $95 fee for dogs
• All dogs have been vet-checked, have appropriate vaccines, and have been heartworm tested.
• All dogs older than 10 weeks of age have been spayed or neutered. There is a $40 deposit payable at time of adoption for unspayed/unneutered puppies. This deposit is refunded upon proof of spay/neuter after adoption.
• It takes approximately 60 - 90 minutes to complete a dog adoption. Please plan your visit accordingly.
• $75 fee for cats
• All cats are tested for feline leukemia and feline AIDS, and are vet-checked and vaccinated.
• We spay/neuter all the shelter felines at 10 weeks of age.
• If you select a kitten that is too young to have been spayed or neutered, there is a $40 deposit payable at time of adoption. This deposit is refunded upon proof of spay/neuter after adoption.
•It takes approximately 30 - 45 minutes to complete a cat adoption. Please plan your visit accordingly.
Please call (513) 735-2299 for more information on our available pets or stop by to meet them in person.