Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
From I-275 Exit at Batavia Rt. 32 exit, go east on Rt. 32 for approximately 3 miles (past the car dealers and The Tractor Supply Company)
At the third stoplight, take a right on Old 74 (there will be a Speedway on the corner)
Follow Old 74 to Armstrong Rd. and turn right onto Armstrong
Follow Armstrong until the road ends at Taylor. (about 3/4 mile)
Turn Left onto Taylor Rd. and we are located on the Right about 1/4 mile down.
Our hours are:
Tuesday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday: 2:00pm to 7:00pm
Friday: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Closed on all major holidays.
Adoptions must be completed at our shelter in Batavia, Ohio.
• $95 fee for dogs
• All dogs have been vet-checked, have appropriate vaccines, and have been heartworm tested.
• All dogs older than 10 weeks of age have been spayed or neutered. There is a $40 deposit payable at time of adoption for unspayed/unneutered puppies. This deposit is refunded upon proof of spay/neuter after adoption.
• It takes approximately 60 - 90 minutes to complete a dog adoption. Please plan your visit accordingly.
• $75 fee for cats
• All cats are tested for feline leukemia and feline AIDS, and are vet-checked and vaccinated.
• We spay/neuter all the shelter felines at 10 weeks of age.
• If you select a kitten that is too young to have been spayed or neutered, there is a $40 deposit payable at time of adoption. This deposit is refunded upon proof of spay/neuter after adoption.
•It takes approximately 30 - 45 minutes to complete a cat adoption. Please plan your visit accordingly.
Please call (513) 735-2299 for more information on our available pets or stop by to meet them in person.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.