Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Ce-Ce & Friends' mission is to "make a difference..one feline at a time." We provide clean, warm, loving, and safe transitional shelter. We also provide necessary veterinary care for stray, feral and abandoned cats and kittens until caring, permanent homes are found.
All of our cats/kittens are examined by a veterinarian, spayed or neutered if old enough, and Feline Leukemia and Feline AIDS tested, as well as vaccinated, prior to being placed for adoption.
If you find your heart belongs to one (or more!) of the kitties on our site, PLEASE CALL CE-CE & FRIENDS AT 781-878-2543 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE TO SPEAK WITH ONE OF OUR ADOPTION COUNSELORS.
You can then make an appointment to meet your special kitty (and please remember that, in addition to the cats profiled on our web site, there are always MANY more cats waiting patiently for loving homes!)
* Ce-Ce & Friends asks all of its prospective "parents" to fill out an adoption contract at the time you visit our shelter.
* Please note that our policy is to adopt to Massachusetts residents only.
* If you own your own home, you will need proof of ownership (i.e., a mortgage statement), and if you rent, you will need a letter from your landlord stating that you are allowed to own a pet.
* We also do enforce a brief waiting period while your application is processed and your references checked before adopting out any of our cats.
* We ask for an adoption fee of $125 per cat (all cats are up to date on shots and tested negative for FIV and Feline Leukemia, and all adoption fee proceeds go to help rescue other cats in need.)
*In the case of adopting a kitten who is not old enough to have been spayed/neutered, we also ask for a $25 spay/neuter deposit that will be refunded to you once you present proof of having the kitten spayed or neutered at a later date.
These precautions are meant to ensure the best possible match for you AND your newfound feline friend! THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a cat or kitten versus getting cats for sale or kittens for sale from a cat breeder? When someone is breeding kittens, they are creating new cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of cat or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a cat for sale from a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a cat or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.