|Contact this shelter/rescue group to see their pets for adoption.|
Second Chance Wildlife Sanctuary
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
2060 Concession Rd. #7
Pickering, ON L1Y 1A2
Pets at Our Shelter:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Pickering and surrounding areas including Greater Toronto Area
About Our Shelter:Second Chance Wildlife Sanctuary was founded in 1996 by Joyce Smith who had been caring for animals from her home for 25 years. The sanctuary's mandate is to aid orphaned, sick or injured, and abandoned animals. Once rehabilitated, wild animals are released back into their natural habitat and domestic strays are housed with the hope of finding each one a good home.
Come Meet our Pets:Please contact us for our visiting hours and location.
Our Adoption Process:All our cats are spayed/neutered, microchipped and have their first needles. There is a $150 adoption fee per cat to enable the sanctuary to continue its important work. Our adoption policies are as follows:
1) Kittens must be spayed/neutered once they reach 6 months.
2) Cats must never be declawed.
3) Cats must be indoors only unless they have access to a secure outdoor enclosure.
4) Adopters must not live above the 3rd floor of an apartment building unless the balcony is secure.
5) If there are any problems, cats must be brought back to Second Chance.