Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Our organization consists of a volunteer network of people who love this breed and are committed to helping any Malamute which has become homeless or endangered. TAMR relies solely on special events proceeds and private donations to help the many Alaskan Malamutes in need.
TAMR is a state affiliate and charter member of the Alaskan Malamute Assistance League (AMAL), the national Alaskan Malamute rescue assistance organization sanctioned by the Alaskan Malamute Club of America (AMCA).
About our Adoptive Dogs:
* ALL are spayed or neutered. There are no exceptions.
* Current on vaccinations and heartworm preventative.
* Recieve full medical screening, including exam and laboratory testing.
* Treated for any known health problems prior to adoption.
* Evaluated for their home type and suitability.
* Microchipped for safety and identification.
However, we do require that our pre-adoption and foster application is completed and returned to us before we schedule a dog visit. All personal visits to meet our dogs are by appointment, so that someone is available to introduce you to the dogs, help you with your selection, and talk to you about the breed.
About our Adoption Process:
* You must be an adult of at least 18 years old and "head of household" to apply for adoption.
* We require potential adopters to complete our pre-adoption application.
* A TAMR volunteer will contact you to discuss your application and our available dogs.
* We will check veterinary references on current pets.
* We schedule a home visit to meet family members, other pets, and to evaluate general home safety.
* You may adopt a dog suitable to your home and family once your application is approved.
* A minimum adoption fee of $195 is due at placement.
* All dogs are placed in new homes using adoption contracts.
* Some dogs and/or adoptions have additional fees or adoption requirements.
Please Note: We intend our adoptions to be permanent placements and only adopt dogs into homes for which they are best suited. Not all dogs are available to every adopter and TAMR reserves the right to deny an adoption for any reason.
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog or puppy versus getting dogs for sale or puppies for sale from a dog breeder? When someone is breeding puppies, they are creating new dogs who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog or puppy and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale from a puppy breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog or adopt a puppy at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.