Texas Alaskan Malamute Rescue
Dog adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
P.O. Box 79561
Houston, TX 77279
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:TAMR serves Alaskan Malamutes within the greater Texas area. Our friendly volunteers are located primarily in Austin, Dallas/Ft.Worth, Houston and San Antonio. We also provide assistance throughout central and regional Texas.
About Our Rescue Group:TAMR is a 501(c)3 nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to the welfare of all Alaskan Malamutes. We provide local assistance through dog rescue, adoption, referrals, and owner education. Our goal is to help deserving Alaskan Malamutes find permanent and loving homes.
Our organization consists of a volunteer network of people who love this breed and are committed to helping any Malamute which has become homeless or endangered. TAMR relies solely on special events proceeds and private donations to help the many Alaskan Malamutes in need.
TAMR is a state affiliate and charter member of the Alaskan Malamute Assistance League (AMAL), the national Alaskan Malamute rescue assistance organization sanctioned by the Alaskan Malamute Club of America (AMCA).
Come Meet our Pets:Please visit our main website for information on various local events and activities. http://www.texalmal.org
About our Adoptive Dogs:
* ALL are spayed or neutered. There are no exceptions.
* Current on vaccinations and heartworm preventative.
* Recieve full medical screening, including exam and laboratory testing.
* Treated for any known health problems prior to adoption.
* Evaluated for their home type and suitability.
* Microchipped for safety and identification.
Our Adoption Process:You are welcome to contact TAMR before deciding whether to adopt or foster. You are never obligated to adopt a dog from us and we encourage all applicants to visit our Malamutes before making their final decision.
However, we do require that our pre-adoption and foster application is completed and returned to us before we schedule a dog visit. All personal visits to meet our dogs are by appointment, so that someone is available to introduce you to the dogs, help you with your selection, and talk to you about the breed.
About our Adoption Process:
* You must be an adult of at least 18 years old and "head of household" to apply for adoption.
* We require potential adopters to complete our pre-adoption application.
* A TAMR volunteer will contact you to discuss your application and our available dogs.
* We will check veterinary references on current pets.
* We schedule a home visit to meet family members, other pets, and to evaluate general home safety.
* You may adopt a dog suitable to your home and family once your application is approved.
* A minimum adoption fee of $195 is due at placement.
* All dogs are placed in new homes using adoption contracts.
* Some dogs and/or adoptions have additional fees or adoption requirements.
Please Note: We intend our adoptions to be permanent placements and only adopt dogs into homes for which they are best suited. Not all dogs are available to every adopter and TAMR reserves the right to deny an adoption for any reason.