|Contact this shelter/rescue group to see their pets for adoption.|
Alley Cat Guardians
Cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
1430 Carpenter LANE, Suite B
Modesto, CA 95351
Pets at Our Rescue Group:
Cities, Towns, and/or Counties We Serve:Primarily Stanislaus County and San Joaquin County, California
About Our Rescue Group:Established in 2002, Alley Cat Guardians is a non-profit organization dedicated to humanely reducing the feral cat population in California's Central Valley through Trap/Neuter/Return (TNR). Alley Cat Guardians works to provide feral cats a safe and healthy living environment under the watch of informed caregivers.
Alley Cat Guardians offers low-cost spay and neuter services for feral and stray cats at our licensed veterinary clinic. Cats in this program also receive vaccinations and are eartipped. Visit our website for spay/neuter clinic scheduling information and dates.
Donate to Our Rescue Group...https://www.networkforgood.org/donation/MakeDonation.aspx?ORGID2=030478130
Come Meet our Pets:** Modesto Petsmart - Sisk Road (Monday - Sunday) **
January 26 - February 8
February 23 - March 8
March 22 - April 4
April 19 - May 2
May 17 - May 30
June 14 - June 27
July 11 - July 24
August 8 - August 21
September 5 - September 18
October 3 - October 16
October 31 - November 13
December 12 - December 25
Our Adoption Process:1. Contact Alley Cat Guardians via phone or email to begin the adoption process. The ACG Adoption Counselor assigned to the cat(s) you are interested in will contact you, usually within 24 hours.
2. Potential adopter completes the ACG Adoption Application in person or over the phone with an Adoption Counselor.
3. Adoption Counselor will meet prospective adopter at Petsmart (or other arranged location) with foster cat.
4. If the adoption is a good match, the adopter completes ACG Adoption Contract and Petsmart Contract. Adoption fees typically range from $50-$85 (cash only), depending on the age and gender of the cat. All cats are spayed/neutered, current on vaccinations (rabies and 3-in-1) and tested negative for Feline AIDS (FIV) and Feline Leukemia (FeLV). Our adoption fees help to cover a portion of our foster cats' veterinary expenses and allow ACG to continue this life saving program.
5. Adoptive family is provided a copy of the ACG Adoption Contract, Adoption Process Overview, Petsmart Contract and all veterinary records.
6. Don't forget to bring a cat carrier with you to take your new feline friend home! If you don't have one, plastic or cardboard carriers can be purchased at Petsmart.
7. Your Adoption Counselor will follow up with you in about a week to make sure things are going smoothly and help with any issues that you may have. Our Adoption Counselors are very experienced cat caregivers and they have lots of good advice to share!