Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! Contact us, or contact another local humane society, animal shelter or SPCA.
Adoption is a very personal desicion. We understand that you are looking for a special new family member and know that this can be an exciting yet sometimes stressful time. We appreciate that it takes a special person to want to adopt a rescued pet.
Who we are...
Midwest Rescue Volunteers started with the mission of re-homing abandoned, neglected, and unwanted animals.
Please contact the INDIVIDUAL SPECIFIED for each pet up for adoption. The cats posted are from TNR efforts and have been fully vetted, altered and evaluated. As are all the adoptable pets on this site
Thank you for considering adoption!
About our cats for adoption...
To cover our rising veterinarian expenses, it has become necessary to raise our adoption fee to $75 per kitten or cat, or $130 if 2 kittens or cats are adopted together, effective May 1, 2014.
Most of our cats and kittens are spayed or neutered at P.A.W.S. Chicago.
How did you hear about us:
Home Phone______________________ Cell:__________________________
How long at current address___________
Own____Rent_____If so, landlord name and #_________________________________
If Condo Association contact name and #_____________________________________
Children in household?________Ages_______________
Adults in household?__________Ages_______________
Animals you currently own:
Type_________ Age:_____spayed/neutered___ none___
Where did you get them ______________________________________________
Animals you have owned in the past:
Were any lost? _____ Put to Sleep ________ Given Away _____________
Will this cat be allowed to go outside? __________
1. Tell me about yourself. ( age, occupation, hours, travel etc.)
2. Do you have any prior experience with cats? If so, tell me about it!
3. Have you ever had to rehome a pet before? What were the circumstances?
4. Will your new kitty family member be an outside or inside cat?
5. Will you declaw your new kitty family member?
6. What made you decide to look into adopting a cat?
7. Describe the environment you live in. (children, busy, noisy, quiet, etc.)
8. How long have you been at your current residence? Is this a permanent residence?
9. Do you have any other pets? If so, tell me about them! Are they up to date with vaccinations and spayed/neutered?
10. Are you prepared to seek immediate medical attention or veterinary care if a problem/sickness/need arises with your new pet(s)?
11. Feel free to share anything else about yourself not already mentioned above!!!!! (optional)
Why should you adopt?
Dog adoption and cat adoption saves lives. Adopt a dog or adopt a cat and you'll have a friend for life! What is the difference between adopting a dog, adopting a cat, adopting a kitten or adopting a puppy versus getting dogs for sale, cats for sale, puppies for sale or kittens for sale from a dog breeder or a cat breeder? When someone is breeding puppies or breeding kittens, they are creating new dogs and cats who need homes. Some people are interested in a very specific breed of dog, cat, puppy or kitten and they think the only way to find that specific breed is to buy a dog for sale or buy a cat for sale from a puppy breeder or a kitten breeder. Yet animal shelters are filled with dogs and cats who must find homes. So rather than buying a dog or puppy for sale from a dog breeder or buying a cat or kitten for sale from a cat breeder, we encourage people to adopt a dog, adopt a cat, adopt a puppy or adopt a kitten at their local animal shelter, SPCA, humane society or pet rescue group.